Aurea Whirlpool Suite

Kbb116

Good Evening,

We have booked an Aurea whirlpool suite on the Virtuosa going to the Norwegian Fjords. Has anyone stayed in one of these suites that can comment on the usability of the balcony/whirlpool? I know we will be on the front of the ship, so concerned about wind. I obviously understand that this can vary based on a number of factors. We are traveling with two young children, so looking forward to having somewhere to go when our kids are in bed. Thanks in advance! 

Just now, Kbb116 said:

Good Evening,

We have booked an Aurea whirlpool suite on the Virtuosa going to the Norwegian Fjords. Has anyone stayed in one of these suites that can comment on the usability of the balcony/whirlpool? I know we will be on the front of the ship, so concerned about wind. I obviously understand that this can vary based on a number of factors. We are traveling with two young children, so looking forward to having somewhere to go when our kids are in bed. Thanks in advance! 

You can use the Whirlpool, they are shielded with glas panels. 

Hi I stayed in one of these cabin In May on deck 12 right at the front. Not sure which deck your on but it's got a massive balcony i would think one of the biggest balconies on the ship with a good size hot tub. Yes it can be windy when on the move but once in hot tub with a glass of something sparkling all is forgotten until you get out! Enjoy! 

20220501_133654.jpg

20220501_133927.jpg

20220501_133702.jpg

20220501_133712.jpg

• Like 1

We did the Fjords early September on Grandiosa (sister ship) and were in one of these. You're shielded when in the whirlpool. It's also one of the darkest locations onboard to be able to see the night sky so clearly. When ship is sailing, it can be chilly in the spaces without shielding, but just wear a cardigan or such. It's a great location after the initial leaving of port and you're winding down the water to sea.

• Like 1

Just now, Cruiseforever11 said:

Hi I stayed in one of these cabin In May on deck 12 right at the front. Not sure which deck your on but it's got a massive balcony i would think one of the biggest balconies on the ship with a good size hot tub. Yes it can be windy when on the move but once in hot tub with a glass of something sparkling all is forgotten until you get out! Enjoy! 

20220501_133654.jpg

20220501_133927.jpg

20220501_133702.jpg

20220501_133712.jpg

My jealousity level just increased haha^^

• Like 1

Just now, Kevin79 said:

We did the Fjords early September on Grandiosa (sister ship) and were in one of these. You're shielded when in the whirlpool. It's also one of the darkest locations onboard to be able to see the night sky so clearly. When ship is sailing, it can be chilly in the spaces without shielding, but just wear a cardigan or such. It's a great location after the initial leaving of port and you're winding down the water to sea.

I was on the same cruise in an interior cabin and saw the aurora borealis glimmering in the TV, ran up on deck 18 to find a space without light pollution haha^^

4 hours ago, Aeroplex said:

I was on the same cruise in an interior cabin and saw the aurora borealis glimmering in the TV, ran up on deck 18 to find a space without light pollution hah

That's such a shame. The cabins right at the front are under/near the bridge so light pollution needs to be kept at a minimum so it doesn't prevent bridge crew from seeing what's on the sea. So amazing for sight seeing.