Looking for a Charleston ADA shuttle company

sbc234

I am coming to Charleston in November with a wheelchair family member.  Does anyone know of a shuttle company that is ADA or has minivans? I am staying near the airport and looking for drop-off & pick up.

Thank you so much for any recommendations.

23 hours ago, sbc234 said:

Does anyone know of a shuttle company that is ADA or has minivans?

I don't know what is meant by the term "shuttle company." Are you seeking an operator of buses, of vans, of sedans, or something else? Demand response or fixed route? Or are you seeking any type of transportation? Also, does the passenger require a vehicle with lift or ramp, or is the passenger able to transfer to an ordinary seat with the wheelchair stowed? It is difficult knowing how to respond without understanding what is being requested. (Generally, the regulations implementing the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 require either accessible service or equivalent service, though there are lesser requirements for operators of sedans, see 49 C.F.R. § 37.103, so other than when seeking the operator of a sedan, for the most part every transportation operator would need to be responsive.)

The family member can transfer to a seat and I can collapse the wheelchair to be stored in the trunk.  I am looking for a vehicle that will hold 5 adults, luggage & wheelchair from a hotel near the airport to the port.

Thank you!

You're really looking for a taxi service, using sedan or van, a type of transportation for which I cannot provide further guidance or referral to specific companies . . . perhaps someone else can. (I do note that the city code for Charleston does not specifically regulate accessibility for taxis, and has no provisions requiring transportation of wheelchairs, be it with passenger in vehicle, folded and stored in the trunk, or otherwise.)