Cost of wifi

kj_connections

I believe the one device rate pre cruise is $10/day if you are purchasing for the entire voyage. If you are platinum or higher you get a 50% discount of this rate so $5/day.

If you wait till boarding, the rate is higher @$15/day for entire voyage or if you only want 1 day the rate is $20. Being Platinum or above gets you 50% off these rates too. Yes, if you wait till on the ship you can use OBC to pay. Pre cruise, I believe you can use OBC only to purchase shore excursions.

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

yes you can purchase with OBC once you are onboard...last month, I was able to wait until I was onboard & then still buy at the presailing rate in the app before the ship sailed, I don't know if this will work for all cruises, but I had so much OBC it was worth taking the chance...

also 4 devices are double the one device rate, so if you are traveling with others (you can share with anyone who logs in with your cabin & DOB) it can be better for one person to get the 4 device plan 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/12/2022 at 11:08 PM, travelin.sisters said:

yes you can purchase with OBC once you are onboard...last month, I was able to wait until I was onboard & then still buy at the presailing rate in the app before the ship sailed, I don't know if this will work for all cruises, but I had so much OBC it was worth taking the chance...

also 4 devices are double the one device rate, so if you are traveling with others (you can share with anyone who logs in with your cabin & DOB) it can be better for one person to get the 4 device plan 

If there are 2 people in the room can one buy 4 device plan and the other not buy any plan and then share in the 4 device plan?

1 hour ago, MTNestr said:

If there are 2 people in the room can one buy 4 device plan and the other not buy any plan and then share in the 4 device plan?

Yes- you will all use the same log in information of the person who purchased the device.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MTNestr said:

yes or three people in 2 rooms or anyone you are willing to give your login info (cabin number & date of birth)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MTNestr said:

So if one person buys a wifi plan the other person in the same room can opt out?

Yes, WiFi is optional and actually you can share the one device plan. Only one device active/logged in at a time, unless you need both passengers to be able to be online at the same time. You log in to medallion net on a device using the Stateroom number and birthdate as credentials. If you want to login on another device with the one device plan, it may ask you do you want to log off the other active device or just say login on this device and it will automatically log off the other device.

Buying WiFi plan is not like the Adult beverage package where if one adult buys, if there is another Adult in cabin, they must also purchase. 

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 1