questions about getting to and from the Mariner, and pre-cruise packages?

What is the best way to get to the Port Canaveral pier from the Orlando airport? Transfers are $64 per person, and we are 4 people, so it adds up.

Pardon if this is a stupid question, but if we arrive early and book a pre-cruise package through RCCL, it says "including transfers". Is this just transfers from the airport to the hotel and back again, or also transfers to/from the port? The website isn't clear on how this works, and with PC being so far from the Orlando airport, and the hotels also quite a distance away in the Disney area, it's very confusing. (we've arranged our own airfare)

Thanks for any advice or insight you can provide.

We haven't cruised RCI yet so I can't answer your pre-cruise questions. We have cruised Disney twice after flying into Orlando. Both times we rented a car. It was under $50 bucks and we just dropped in Cocoa and then vice versa on the way back. I know there are various shuttles also such as Mears or Arts Shuttle. It was very simple and low $$$.

Jenn

I don't have any advice for you concerning RCI transfers. I'm flying in to Orlando the night before my cruise and renting a car to drive down to P'Can. Stay the night in the hotel, turn the car in the next morning and catch the rental car office shuttle to the pier. When we get back, just the opposite. Budget is costing me $37 for the one way down to Port Canaveral, and $29 for the one way back. Unlimited mileage. Hope this helps.

Wraithe

We are doing it that way also. Looked into shuttles, but because our large group is arriving by train, planes, and automobiles, all during the day, we decided that I will rent a van at the airport as I am the first to arrive. I will then pick up 2 at the Amtrak station and then proceed to the hotel. Later on that evening I will return to the airport to pick up four more, and head back to the hotel. The car will be returned the next morning, less than 1/2 mile from the hotel.. and they will shuttle us back. We are all splitting the cost of the van, which is only $68.00 from Budget, and whatever gas.

WE sailed on Mariner last year and bought the pre-cruise hotel for one night. The transfer from the airport to the hotel was by taxi $50 (for 3 of us)I believe it might be a fixed rate?- that isn't covered in the price of the hotel- but the shuttle bus from hotel to the port was. It takes a good hour to get from Orlando Hotels to the cruise terminal- we picked up at a couple of other hotels before they got on the road. You can book a return bus shuttle from ship to airport once you are onboard. I think that cost us $25 each. WE stayed at the Hilton Hotel in Downtown Disney. It was OK,expensive... Our cruise documents said that we should ask at the desk for shuttle to port details but no-one at the desk knew where/what time we were to be picked up the next am and made no attempt to help us. The concierge was nowhere to be found,the desk clerk said 'Why don't you just ask him tomorrow"- no clue as to the approximate time ... and the food prices were very high,so we walked and shuttle bused over to downtown Disney to McDonalds and got supper which my grandsons liked just fine. :)

I believe your transfer from airport to the ship is only covered if you are flying in on the day of the cruise.

Great ideas - I will look into Budget.

What hotel did you choose? One in Orlando, or one near Port Canaveral?

PCan, staying at the Clarion Hotel, Kennedy Space Center. I'm a Choice Hotels member and get points from using my Visa card, so it was a free stay for me. I wanted to get there during the night, and that way, I'm 7 miles from the pier when I wake up, and close to places I can get whatever I've forgotten before I go to the ship.

Wraithe

Archived