NCL Premium WiFi -stream NFL+ or Redzone?

Ixtoras

Does anyone have experience using the premium wifi w/ streaming and using either NFL+, Gamepass or Redzone?  Hoping I might catch a replay or recap via streaming.

Alternatively maybe youtube tv might have a Live game or the mlb playoffs.  Anyone have experience using yttv on the ship it to watch sporta?

Thanks

Jeff

Streaming my be a lesson in frustration with lags and buffering.

NFL games are played on all tvs (including your cabin) with 3 on Sun, Mon and Thur nights and Sat late in the regular season. If you are in O'Sheehans you'll see about a minute pause and everyone is on pins and needles until the game finally shows up and a loud cheer is made!

You'll still have access to some ESPN and sportscenter for highlights.

Also, Thanksgiving games are shown too. 

I've noticed that Steelers and Packers seem to travel very well in their team colors on gamedays. We usually sail out of FL and there will be some Fins, Bucs and Jag fans around too.

We once sailed on Celebrity Reflexion over thanksgiving and they set the theater up with big screen and a special bar rolled in to show all 3 games- there was only about 20 people interested and we had a blast!

I used premium Wifi + PIA VPN + a sports streaming service to watch the 49er game last September 2021 on the Encore from Seattle to Alaska with no lag or buffering issues. I had that type of performance throughout the 7 day cruise at varying times of the day.

The ship was at 40% capacity so that did work in my favor, I’m sure with full capacity you’ll have more network contention with others so YMMV 

gluck, hope this helps 

Edited by Jdmfrogg

• 1 month later...

Just got back on Friday from our Transatlantic.   Ship showed three games on one of the Sunday's in the various bars.   Vikings fans definitely turned out in droves on our cruise. 

As for the streaming, I did end up splurging on the Unlimited streaming package - more for work than for anything.   Unfortunately, NFL+ didn't work at all throughout our trip.  VPN or not.   It either detected location and blocked, or just buffered endlessly on the shipboard wifi.  That app seriously needs some work.  Hope when the Directv contract ends, that they work with someone who really knows how to stream content.

Per a friends suggestion there was another streaming service that I was able to access that had the games, and I was able to stream them successfully through that (even without a VPN).  So while they had the primary game on the TV, I had an alternate up on my tablet and ended up sharing updates from that game with others.