Info on Escape Haven Aft Penthouse HA

jpcdds6

We are booked in a Haven penthouse now but are considering moving to an aft penthouse either by bid or utilizing the Amex Platinum perk. We have always sailed in the aft suites, but mostly on Jewel, Dawn or Sun class. We are worried about the distance to get to the Haven area daily, and if this is going to be an issue. We do not have any mobility problems, but is it an easy commute a few times daily? Also, if anyone has stayed in an HA before, what decks are recommended? Thanks

20 minutes ago, jpcdds6 said:

We are booked in a Haven penthouse now but are considering moving to an aft penthouse either by bid or utilizing the Amex Platinum perk. We have always sailed in the aft suites, but mostly on Jewel, Dawn or Sun class. We are worried about the distance to get to the Haven area daily, and if this is going to be an issue. We do not have any mobility problems, but is it an easy commute a few times daily? Also, if anyone has stayed in an HA before, what decks are recommended? Thanks

We stayed in a HA on the Getaway, so I can answer your question about getting to the Haven complex. The walk was about five minutes. Since we were on a deck with all staterooms (13) it was a straight shot with little in the way. Some times I did get bored of walking the interior, so I'd jump up to 15 or 16, using the stairs, so I could get some air and see the ocean as we passed the waves. 

We also had thermal suite passes so we had to wander to almost the bow of the ship to access the lovely warm water. 

We don't have any mobility issues, and are relatively young, so had no issues taking stairs/walking along the flat hallways. Others might, but we enjoyed the walk. The only time I found the walk a little annoying was when we went to breakfast, but it wasn't the walk, it was the time of day. My husband demands breakfast at 6:30 or 7 in the Haven restaurant. I'd rather order in. But, we wandered to the feeding trough that is the Haven restaurant. 

Get the aft balcony - you already know the rewards of looking over the aft as the ship is cruising along. Plus, it gets you away from the Haven so you can enjoy the rest of the ship more easily than being ensconced within the complex.

• Like 2