Do you eat in the Specialty restaurant on Formal nights?

Duanerice1

If so, is it worth it? Just trying to decide which night to eat in the Specialty Restaurant. My wife usually prefers to eat in the dining room on Formal nights but I hear the Olympic is special on formal nights. Have you eaten in the Specialty restaurant on formal nights and is special?

Based on the schedule, I would guess Saturday and Friday nights would be formal. But, to be sure, can anyone tell me which nights are Formal, Informal and Casual on the Millennium Easter Caribbean cruise.

Sunday: Depart

Monday: At Sea

Tuesday: San Juan

Wednesday: St Johns

Thursday: St Maarten

Friday: At Sea

Saturday: At Sea

Thanks,

Duane

The formal night is never the first or last night. The first night everyone doesn't have their luggage in time and the last night you wear to dinner what you plan to wear off the ship because you put your luggage outside the cabin for collection. it usually occurs on a sea day. Based on your itinary I would guess that Monday will be your formal night. Friday may be a second formal night.

Last time we were on Infinity we ate in the specialty restaurant on a formal night and they had specials Grand Mariner (sp?) souffle(sp?) and a filet special that was to die for. By all means do it if you can.

We did the specialty restaurant on Infinity on the first formal night. I wish we had done it on the second formal night and missed the silly Baked Alaska Parade where everyone waves nasty used napkins in the air.

Do men need to wear a tux on formal nite in the specialty restaurant? or will a suit w/tie be ok? How about in the main dining rooms?

A suit will be ok. Trust me. Think. What does one do if one does not have a tux? It certainly isn't necessary to rent one.

For us; we decided that we want the formal night(s) in the dining room, and another formal night in the specialty restaurant for our upcoming cruise in Aug. when we celelbrate our 30th anniversary. I wrote to the company to be sure that we would not conflict. We want it all!

We were in the Normadie on Summit and loved it to much we went to Ocean Liner's twice on our Constellation Baltics trip. We went on Informal nights, since we would have been sort of dressed up anyway. I wore a suit or blazer with tie.

It's a wonderful experience.

Allen

The first time we ate in a specialty restaurant was a formal night. I think the gowns, jewelry, tuxes, etc. made the evening that much more special and helped capture the elegance of a byegone day.

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Last time we were on Infinity we ate in the specialty restaurant on a formal night and they had specials Grand Mariner (sp?) souffle(sp?) and a filet special that was to die for. By all means do it if you can.

The food in the main dining room a slightly better on formal nights. They serve lobster or Filet Mignon on formal nights.

The Specialty Restaurant has specials like Grand Marnier on other nights too. We had Filet Mignon with black truffle sauce in the Olympic on the Millennium on a casual night.

We eat in the Specialty restaurant 2 to 3 times and always on a casual or informal night.

Thanks for all the responses. It would be kind of special eating in the Specialty Restaurant on formals nights with everyone dressed up.

But I need to balance that with the idea that the main dining area have their best menus on those night also. So, looks like we will book Specialty dining for a informal or casual night. This way we get the best of both worlds.

Thanks for your comments.

Duane

Archived