Do the cruise lines use the same list as airports regarding possible terrorists?

Are people who are on those lists not allowed to sail? Just wondering if security is the same....

Jen

Adventure of the Seas….. 63 days

Jewel of the Seas 2005

Explorer of the Seas 2004

Voyager of the Seas 2002

Premier’s Olympia 1999/ 1992

Monarch of the Seas 1994

LOL, no I would just feel safer if they were not cruising along side me....or at my dinner table.....etc.

Jen

Jewel of the Seas 2005

Voyager of the Seas 2002

Monarch of the Seas 1994

Jen,

You'll be perfectly safe. What do they care about a cruise ship when there are all sorts of other things to blow up that will really scare people? No worries! And if you go out that way, it will be in the smack dab middle of a really great time! :)

Tracy

Are people who are on those lists not allowed to sail? Just wondering if security is the same....

Jen

Jewel of the Seas 2005

Voyager of the Seas 2002

Monarch of the Seas 1994

Just like the airlines, the cruiselines forward their passenger manifests to the government.

And what the government does with the information is not known, and should not be known, except for those providing our security.

It should be known because there are thousands of innocent victims on the no-fly list (I think now up to 73,000 names) including Sen. Ted Kennedy and another Congressman, both of whom had to use all their influence to get off this list. What chance do you think you and I have? Everytime I fly to the States my passport gets double checked (at least one phone call is made each time) and I have a very, very common name and am as clean as a whistle.

All financial institutions, banks, insurance companies- your health insurance carrier are required to check all the names, depositors, insureds, physicians against a global terriorist list of names. If you get a hit- you are required to check further and see if its really the same person(they give age etc) and if its looks like the same name and age you report it to the Feds who then will tell you what to do. The Feds also look at the cruise ship names for anyone they are looking for. They took off a cruise shp some mafioso type wanted by the FBI, a while back(after 9-11). You hear that occassional about once a month or so, permission to land a plane in the US is denied because a name appears to match and the plane is refused permission to land in the US(either the plane returns to its point of origin or lands in Canada and the person is removed). I haven't head about a case where a real terriorist was captured but we might not hear about such a case any way. I just read that over the last three years 5000 people have been convicted of a crime yet no docket number or name has been made public. I always thought that secret trials and keeping names of prisoners secret was a halmark of a totalarian state and secret lists of enemies sounds like Soviet Union to me. I guess I was wrong.

From what I understand, terrorists prefer Costa because of the passenger mix; they don't like RCI in particular because of the bad coffee and prevalence of Men in military uniform or tuxedos on Formal Nights.

From what I understand, terrorists prefer Costa because of the passenger mix; they don't like RCI in particular because of the bad coffee and prevalence of Men in military uniform or tuxedos on Formal Nights.

:D LMAO :D

please.... if a terrorist was going to hijack another plane or blow up a cruise ship, they would find a way on regardless of being on a list.

IF they were on a list, they would be the LAST person a terrorist organization would attempt to use. Our security could "get" them and then no drama. It is the terrorists who are NOT on the list you have to worry about.

Archived