Diving in Majahual

budaman

The link below will lead to a Quicktime Movie I made of one of our dives in Majahual while on our Grand Princess cruise. The dives there and in Belize and Cozumel were fantastic. Still in the process of editing those dives. This will take a few minutes to load as the file is large.

Mike

http://homepage.mac.com/csealove/iMovieTheater28.html

That dive was our second and I believe that sight still has not been officially named. The first was at Punta Tam? Thought the 50+ yr old memory would hold up until we got back to the ship, but alas......... Majahual is still so virgin, there are many areas that still have not been dove or named.

I think I will need to edit the length of the video to cut load time. My original first cut of all the dives was over an hour long out of about 5 hrs of video. Definately learned a few things about U/W video that I'll need to make adjustments on next trip.

Mike

Thanks for the video Mike. I dove in Belieze and Cozumel last May and, although we were in Coasta Maya I didn't dive there. Looks like I will have to do it the next time tho. Reef looks interestering and of course, very virginal.

BTW - Did you do a ship's excursion or book your own?

I only have photos of my dive but you can check them out at the link in my signature below

Again - thanks for sharing.

Happy bubbles.

Hi John......we were hoping to have pics also, but our strobe decided to be uncooperative, so we didn't take the camera. Will check out your pics when I get home as we have "entertainment" filters on our computers at work.

We used the ship dives in Majahual & Belize, but set up a charter in Cozumel. We had wanted to use Dreamtime even before we booked the cruise. Hugh Parkey had a good op in Belize and were able to pick us up & drop off at the ship so we didn't have to worry about tenders. Only thing I didn't like initially was the 24 divers on board....they split us up into groups of 8 with a DM each so it wasn't too bad in the water. Only time we encountered the other groups was when it was time to surface. In Majahual, there were 14 of us and we split onto 2 seperate boats and went to different areas. Cozumel is still my favorite as the vis and the availability of dive operators and sites is much better.

Mike

Mike - I had the same experience with Hugh Parkey's in Belize. 24 divers, 3 dive masters, 3 groups. Fortunately I was advanced open water certified with 5 dives within 30 days of my cruise last May so I was in the advanced group and the dive master let us do pretty much what we wanted in addition to diving by computer vs. time for the group.

Just booked another cruise - 4 days to Bahamas in May again, so will probably go with DiveDiveDive operation to avoid the ships cattle boat.

Chat later.

We're in the process of trading a week of our Timeshare in Grand Cayman for a week aboard a yacht, They have 4 boats that operate out of Turks, Antigua, BVI and the Grenadines. Heard they have one going out of Belize later this year. The captains are all DM's and they just spend a week cruising around the home island. I really enjoy cruising, but sometimes it is a little too rushed trying to work diving into all the ports and still have time to check out the ports. I'm trying to get the wife to commit to the Grand next fall with their new itinerary.

Mike

Budaman,

I thoroughly enjoyed your video. Very well done! I particularly enjoyed your soundtrack choices. Can you please share the name of the second piece of music you chose? Artist and title would be great, but either one will help me find more of their work.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks Eric & or Nancy;)

The second piece is "Sails of Joy" by Govi. He is a German guitarist and has an extensive collection available on ITunes.

Spent most of the day today editing the dives from Belize & Cozumel so hope to have those up soon. Need to edit them down a bit more for streaming so they don't take so long to load. Need to get the DVD completed first though.

Mike

Archived