Can I have friend's child listed in my stateroom?

hjlee7215

We're planning to cruise in June 2023 with group of friends and their families.

One friend has 3 kids + 2 adults in the family, which will require them to book a suite which will cost a lot of money for them.

My family will only have 2 adults + 1 child so we can add one of my friend's child to stay in our stateroom, this way they can save some significant $$.

I was wondering if this is allowed by the MSC and if there is any policy/requirement having a minor who's not your child listed in your stateroom.

Thank you in advance.

Technically, you could travel with the "other" child in your stateroom even if the "other" child's parents/guardians aren't on the ship..... 

"Passengers under the age of 21 (on voyages that include a port in the USA) or 18 (on voyages that do not include a port in the USA) must travel accompanied by their parents or a legal guardian. If one of the traveling minor’s parents is not cruising, then a signed authorization letter made in accordance with the laws of the country where the minor resides from the absent parent authorizing the minor to travel must be provided at the time of booking. If the minor is traveling with Passengers that are not his/her parents or legal guardians, then a document signed by the parents or legal guardian authorizing the minor to travel with a chaperone or other designated individual must be provided at the time of booking, in accordance with Company policies."

...so traveling when the parents are simply in another stateroom shouldn't be a problem. The 2 groups might have to check-in/board at the same time to avoid any confusion. 

8 hours ago, hjlee7215 said:

Thank you.  I thought it would be ok, too, especially when the parents are traveling at the same time.

I will make sure to check-in/board at the same time to minimize any issues.

You will also want to "link" your reservations so that you are seating together at dinner