Club Orange

schildiams

Oh yes, I remember now when doing my booking.  It showed the spa verandah as not being available.  We were not interested, anyway, but if doing Club Orange, it would not be a bad deal to have a free upgrade to one of those.   What does the V category have over the VA?  I assume it's location.  Bigger verandah?

On 10/26/2022 at 6:25 PM, FlaMariner said:

I like the Club Orange benefit where they can stand on the special floor mat at Guest Services and jump the line.  When I'm 6 deep in the line, I think Club Orange people go up to the special floor mat and just ask "what time is it?" just to enjoy their benefit and watch me sulk in the common folks line.

LOL..It's all good! Just having fun.

same reason you sit in 1st class, watch the peons walk past you while you sip champagne 😉

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JesseLivermore said:

same reason you sit in 1st class, watch the peons walk past you while you sip champagne 😉

Where do people get such ideas?  I get tired of people having their chair in my lap.  Also the way my knees are being crunched up in economy is excruciating. Not once have I been drinking champagne snd looking down my nose.  

On 10/26/2022 at 6:38 PM, Florida_gal_50 said:

I got this list by shear accident.  I was talking to the lovely hostess from club orange at the stand where you make reservations.  She just randomly handed it to me.  

Nice.  I’ll ask for this listing on our next cruise.  I agree, Kasama was a lovely hostess!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

Oh yes, I remember now when doing my booking.  It showed the spa verandah as not being available.  We were not interested, anyway, but if doing Club Orange, it would not be a bad deal to have a free upgrade to one of those.   What does the V category have over the VA?  I assume it's location.  Bigger verandah?

The spa veranda is near the spa.  Beware, to my knowledge those veranda’s are much smaller.  You may get a yoga mat and a couple of bottles of complimentary water.

1 hour ago, oaktreerb said:

The spa veranda is near the spa.  Beware, to my knowledge those veranda’s are much smaller.  You may get a yoga mat and a couple of bottles of complimentary water.

I think that water might be gone since it was in plastic.  They used to have that vitamin water in those rooms.  None of that around any more.

8 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

No more Vitamin Water Zero on the ship?  Lemon is my drink.  Does anyone know about the V category staterooms?  Is it something we should try to change to?

Nope, nothing in plastic allowed drink wise.  The v categories are just better located cabins in hal eyes.  Nothing special about them.

1 hour ago, whoshwhosh said:

What is the cost of Club Orange?  I am traveling solo on the New Statendam April 29, 2023 in a vista suite.  What type of cabin upgrade could I go to?

since your cruise is 15 days, the cost of Club Orange should be $15/day. You can only be upgraded within the Vista Suite category so it would depend on where your current suite is located. Sometimes the $ of a cabin depends on the deck location. On the Nieuw Statendam, the aft-facing vista suites are more expensive, but there are none available on your cruise. 

There does not appear to be any cabin upgrade available to you, so you would need to determine whether the other benefits of CO are worth $225 to you. 

Edited by waiting2retire

3 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

Thanks you.  I had not realized that HAL had gone no plastic.  So how is "bottled water" packaged?

It’s in glass for the large bottles.  For the smaller ones there “may” be the metal can with a screw top.  They have gone to canned water that have a pop top.  Once you’ve opened it no way to close it again.  You are committed.