Allure MDR Question

I have a simple question as to seating in the MDR. On our upcoming Allure cruise we have early dining selected and was wondering if if you are seated randomly everyday or do you have an assigned table for the entire cruise? Also if you have an assigned table for the entire cruise, any issues with changing locations if you request? Haven't had early dining in awhile, because been doing My time ding , so not sure.

You would have the same table for every night of the cruise, unless you request to be moved.  I don't know how moving affects which waiters get the tips though.  I would have to have a really good reason to move, personally, since I like having the same waiters and neighbors every night.  To me that's one of the advantages of the MDR over the WJ.  Talking to new people, not just for 10 minutes but every night for a week or so, is endlessly fascinating.

8 minutes ago, frisbeewife said:

You would have the same table for every night of the cruise, unless you request to be moved.  I don't know how moving affects which waiters get the tips though.  I would have to have a really good reason to move, personally, since I like having the same waiters and neighbors every night.  To me that's one of the advantages of the MDR over the WJ.  Talking to new people, not just for 10 minutes but every night for a week or so, is endlessly fascinating.

we had one obnoxious couple decide to move after their first night dining with us (three couples total at the table) The waiter said "Moving the problem to someone else, fine by me"  LOL I made sure to tip them extra at the end because not sure what happens in that situation regarding tips. 

53 minutes ago, Cruise4Jesus said:

I have a simple question as to seating in the MDR. On our upcoming Allure cruise we have early dining selected and was wondering if if you are seated randomly everyday or do you have an assigned table for the entire cruise? Also if you have an assigned table for the entire cruise, any issues with changing locations if you request? Haven't had early dining in awhile, because been doing My time ding , so not sure.

I'd suggest finding your MDR table right after boarding. If the location isn't acceptable, it's much easier to get moved before the first night's dinner.

• Like 1