Whale (Shark) watching / diving from Cabo with Princess Cruises ?

comby

Hey all,

we are on the discovery princess at the end of december, arriving in cabo san lucas early january 2023.

We would like to do some whale watching or better diving / snorkeling, since we are there 2 days, I thought it might be possible to do a tour at La Paz for Whale Shark diving ? I dont think princess offers a tour like that (?), are there any recommendations for this?

Thanks

We wanted to do La Paz and swim with the whale sharks last December but didn't have enough time in port.  I contacted 2 or 3 different companies and they all said we had to be in port before 8am.  Cabo Expeditions had tours leaving at 6:30 and 7:30.  Dive Cabo's tour left at 8:00.  That didn't work for our itinerary because we didn't get into port until 8:00.  

We ended up hiring a private scuba boat with Dive Cabo.  We did two dives out by the Arch and they were great.  We enjoyed it so much that we decided to go diving this November.  Dive Cabo couldn't accommodate our port times so we're going with Cabo Private Guide this year.  

One day we'll make a point to pick a cruise that makes La Paz whale sharks possible.