Will Cell phones work on Silhouette on sea days

3 minutes ago, JenniT said:

That’s awful!  Was she able to get credited some or all of that back by calling customer service? That often works when there have been unexpected charges. I did it when my phone popped out of airplane mode. (I now go in and turn off roaming prior to putting it in airplane mode to avoid this.).   I’ve known others who were successful at getting charges removed when they just plain got phone-crazy onboard and didn’t understand it had costs.

I’m definitely a fan of WhatsApp over Wi-Fi, either onboard or in ports. that’s all I ever do. 

Thanks for the heads up! 

Yes, her husband was able to persuade AT&T to remove quite a few of the charges but it still cost them more than they were planning.

1 hour ago, prmssk said:

I have a friend who signed up for the AT&T Cellular at Sea package prior to the cruise and still came home to huge unexpected fees.  I didn't go through her bill or anything to know exactly what went wrong but it did not work out well for them.   I have heard similar stories from others.  So I strongly suggest anyone going this route to make sure they research enough so they truly understand everything that is covered and what is not covered.

It was probably data usage. The ATT package provides very little data and once that is used up, the charge is $2 per mega byte which can add up very quickly.