Hotel in Galveston

margord

I am thinking of staying a few days in Galveton next March prior to a cruise. I was looking at the Hotel Galvez. Does anyone have any comments on this hotel. It looks lovely. Anything you like better. If we stay there will we need a car or can we walk to beach and shopping and any other things to do. Appreciate any information.

Marilee

Just got off the Grand yesterday and talked to many people that spent a night or two at the Galvez before we left (we drove from San Antonio) and they all loved it. You'll get lots of other suggestions I'm sure - but you wouldn't be dissapointed with that choice if you make it.

bjkTX,

We are actually planning on flying into San Antonio and spending a few nights then driving to Galveston. How long did it take you to drive from San Antonio to Galveston?

Marilee

Actually we split it up because our daughter had brought her baby for us to babysit the week before the cruise - and we took her home to Houston (Tomball) on Friday night, then drove to Galveston Saturday.

It takes about 2 1/2 hours from here to Houston where you'd cut off to Galveston (most likely on I-45). It took us less than an 1 1/2 hours to get to Galveston from her house which is 20 minutes North of I-10.

So I'd say 4 to 4 1/2 hours if you aren't stopping for breakfast or lunch :-)

Have a safe trip

Archived