question about CC in general...

has anyone heard why there isn't a "PM/Private Message" function on here? Since 99% of the members don't want to put their email addies on the profiles, it makes getting in touch with anyone near impossible, and I really hate to clog up the boards with private "email me" messages. Just curious if anyone has approached this issue before, or I could put in a "request" to the powers that be. Thanks.:o

has anyone heard why there isn't a "PM/Private Message" function on here?
It's a trade off. Some forum providers have a PM function, phpBB for example, but the rest of their functionality is, in a word, crap. The downside is, spammers can PM you just as easily as if they had your email address. I for one, am quite willing to forego the PM option for that reason alone.

Secondly, CC can barely keep these boards functioning as it is. Let's not add any new bells and whistles until they get the existing mess straightened out.

Bring back InfoPoop!

It's a trade off. Some forum providers have a PM function, phpBB for example, but the rest of their functionality is, in a word, crap. The downside is, spammers can PM you just as easily as if they had your email address. I for one, am quite willing to forego the PM option for that reason alone.

Secondly, CC can barely keep these boards functioning as it is. Let's not add any new bells and whistles until they get the existing mess straightened out.

Bring back InfoPoop!

AMEN!!

It's just something else that would clog us up....We are doing..SOoooo much behind the scenes......this is the largest cruise message board in the world and one the largest period of any kind....:)

ALSO.....FYI.....We're removing threads such as..."HEY (CC NAME) email me".......Probably the easiest way to get in touch with someone is find a thread they are on and post a message to them there.;)

It's just something else that would clog us up....We are doing..SOoooo much behind the scenes......this is the largest cruise message board in the world and one the largest period of any kind....:)

ALSO.....FYI.....We're removing threads such as..."HEY (CC NAME) email me".......Probably the easiest way to get in touch with someone is find a thread they are on and post a message to them there.;)

Randy,

Can you suggest then how we could give a fellow CCer the name of our PVP or TA, and stay within website guidelines? (I'm still kind of new at this stuff. Sorry if the answer is going to be extremely obvious:o )

I know that we're only supposed to recommend tour operators and such if the info is requested; that's not a problem.

Randy,

Can you suggest then how we could give a fellow CCer the name of our PVP or TA, and stay within website guidelines? (I'm still kind of new at this stuff. Sorry if the answer is going to be extremely obvious:o ).

Well let's see.....ugh, you can't do that anyway....sorry!:(

I think the question is: "How do we contact someone individually and share our TA PVP etc. If THIS is against CC guidelines...then CC is UnAmerican...I can see why threads are restricted...I don't want CC to become a clogged up advertisement medium. It would be worhtless then. But, to try and restict free expression and conversation between fellow cruisers who just want to help each other out is rediculous. I think the OP was asking how you would suggest asking for a personal email of a CCer. I have seen this happen on many threads. Could they include their email in an appropriate way in a post?

You seemed to be saying it is against CC guidelines to even share TAs and PVPs through private emails. I'm sure you couldn't have actually been trying to say that. Please clarify.

Shawn

If THIS is against CC guidelines...then CC is UnAmerican
Yeah, right, whatever. What color is the sky in *your* world? :rolleyes: This gets brought up every so often. There is NO SUCH THING as protected First Amendment speech on a privately-owned and financed message board. CC has the absolute right to be the final arbiter over message board content. Don't like it? Too flippin' bad. You agreed to abide by the CC community guidelines when you registered.

I doubt that CC has the slightest problem with individual members communicating such things through private emails. However, soliciting that information on their boards, or even soliciting the email info for such a purpose, is what is against the guidelines.

Put your email contact info in your CC profile. Problem solved. Next.

I doubt that CC has the slightest problem with individual members communicating such things through private emails. However, soliciting that information on their boards, or even soliciting the email info for such a purpose, is what is against the guidelines.

Very well said!...

Signed,

A proud American!;)

Archived