when for cozumel

oakleys

anyone know when carnival will go into cozumel again? do you think it will be ready by august

Do you mean dock in Cozumel? we were there a few weeks ago and took a tender in not a long trip but the docks were distroyed so I would guess a while before you can walk off the boat into Cozumel

Carnival ships are still going to Cozumel. They're having to use tenders. I read a quote from a Carnival corporate guy that it will take nearly two years to rebuild the Carnival pier (Puerta Maya Pier).:(

It could possibly have something to do with the number of ships, as LSU said. My sister was on a RCCL cruise that tendered passengers in last week. She said there were two Carnival ships anchored that day, as well.

sorry yes for the pier, we were there last august on the valor. we are thinking of going on the miracle this aug. how is the town now then & bars etc, i spose they are still re building

We were in Cozumel Friday on the Conquest along with the Rhapsody of the Seas and the Mariner of the Seas. No other ships in port. We tendered in downtown as did the Rhapsody but the Mariner tendered in to the Puerta Maya pier area so those people had to take a taxi to get downtown. We tendered in about 1 pm and did not need a ticket at that time. Shopped a while and tendered back. No waiting. The downtown pier is being rebuilt but we were too far away to see the Puerta Maya pier. They have large 2-deck tenders that carry quite a few people at one time which makes it easier to get off and back on.

We were in Cozumel off the Elation on Feb 23. They told us that the docks use to handle about 30 ships a day but there are only enough tenders to transport from 5 or 6 ships a day. They were talking two years or more to rebuild the docks. We tendered into Playa del Maya and along with 3 other couples from the Elation hired a van and driver for the day for $25 each. He took us anywhere we wanted to go - which was downtown for shopping then to the beach.

My daughter and her husband just got back last Thursday while sailing on the Elation. They said that there is very little green on the island. Most of the vegetation and the trees are bare and brown. They went to one of the beaches and observed that there was about 100' less sandy beach than their last visit. It is sad to think it, but even when the docks are repaired, it will take a LONG time for Coz to return to what it was before the hurricanes. And that is only if they are spared any damage in the upcoming hurricane seasons.

LSUtraveler ir correct. We are sailing 4/29/06 on Inspiration out of Tampa. I found out AFTER I booked that they will be going to Calica instead of Cozumel. I booked on 3/6, had the web page for that cruise on the screen and it still said Cozumel. As LSUtraveler said, an issue with the amount of ships that Cozumel will allow in port at one time. Real dissapointed to not be going to Cozumel.

I am booked on the Carnival Inspiration departing from Tampa on July 8th, 2006. I made and upgrade to my booking yesterday and when i got the confirmation it said Calica instead of Cozumel. My personal cruise planner told us that all Inspiration cruises leaving Tampa from April 28th to October 14th are being diverted to Calica. We are disapointed in the change, however will try and make the best of it.

Archived