If I Had A Cold

messymarie

Last May we took a Alaskan cruise out of Seattle. When we were checking in the person checking us in ask if we had a cold in the last two week. When we said no we had to sign a paper stating that we had not had a cold. Has this happened to any other person and why are they asking that?

They ask so the rest of the ship isn't infected.

They are not looking for the run of the mill cold.. but other viral infections which can start out wth cold symptoms.

Norvovirus.

Seems that one of thwo things happen:

According to CNN, evil capitalist cruise lines secretly make Norvovirus and intentionally infect passengers,or...

Folks with Norvovirus come onboard and spread it . WASH YOUR HANDS, frequently, use the hand sanitizer stations...frequently. You should be ok....unless of course the evil cruise lines .....

Norvovirus.

According to CNN, evil capitalist cruise lines secretly make Norvovirus and intentionally infect passengers

That 100% correct. What better way to save money on the food budget than to have a bunch of sick passengers that don't want to eat. Less lobsters to serve, less steak to serve, lots of savings to be had....:rolleyes:

:cool: If more folks would just remember what their mommies told them--

:eek: "keep your fingers out of your nose!"

:mad: "use your hanky when you sneeze!"

:o "go wash your hands, honey, you don't know who touched that!"

Personal hygiene used to be considered an important element of good manners, as I recall, and became second nature. Ah, the times do change.

...ciao! Happy Cruizing!

Last Oct out of Ft Lauderdale the question was about virus, Had you had vomiting or diareah in the past week? Thank goodness because I boarded with a bad cold I had gotten in Disney World. By the time I got home 1 week later it had turned in to pneumonia - I did not pass it on to others as I spent most of the week in my cabin.

If they were checking for colds I guess i would have been left on the dock

Archived