Free Specialty Dining reservation Question

shdixon

Hello all,

I was able to book the steakhouse for my January cruise on Celebration but notice I cant book Cocina or Chi Bang. Can I only do that once on board or will there be a time when they let me book prior? Thanks 

1 hour ago, shdixon said:

Hello all,

I was able to book the steakhouse for my January cruise on Celebration but notice I cant book Cocina or Chi Bang. Can I only do that once on board or will there be a time when they let me book prior? Thanks 

They are inclusive, just like on Mardi Gras. Guests request a table onboard thru the Hub app, with YTD having first choice. Others can request a table later in the evening, I believe 8:00. Basically considered part of the YTD seating due to the number of guests compared to the capacity of available MDR seats.

4 hours ago, mondello said:

They are inclusive, just like on Mardi Gras. Guests request a table onboard thru the Hub app, with YTD having first choice. Others can request a table later in the evening, I believe 8:00. Basically considered part of the YTD seating due to the number of guests compared to the capacity of available MDR seats.

Thank you very much. This is good to know

11 hours ago, shdixon said:

Hello all,

If you have YTD dining you will be able to request a table starting about 5:30pm via the Hub App. It's a same day thing.

If you have reserved seating in the MDR (early or late seating) you will have to wait till about 7:30pm before the ChiBang and La Cucina del Capitano will open for you. You may have a very long wait if you have to login at that time depending on how popular they are that night.

For our Mardi Gras journey back in March, I actually enjoyed the Cucina lunch more than the dinner. It was a bit more fun and laid back so if you have a sea day or two, take advantage of that. ChiBang Mexican side of the menu was not very good. The Asian side was much better.

I covered all the restaurants in "We Eat (almost) Everything On The Mardi Gras" episode on my YouTube channel. CC doesn't like us to post links to our own channel, but if you look up Where's Walter Travel on YouTube, you'll find the Carnival Mardi Gras playlist that includes a cabin tour, Bolt and overall review. 🙂