Majesty of the Sea/Dry Dock

I read Majesty was going into dry dock. Is this true and if so when?

what does dry dock mean? We were thinking of cruising on the Majesty in 2007.. does this mean the ship will permanently be taken out of commission? Or does it mean it comes in for renovations and such?

Drydock is a process where the ship is actually raised up out of the water so that they may do maintenance on the underside of the hull. She will be cleaned, repainted, and any maintenance done at that time. Also, they usually do quite a bit of interior refurbishment and upgrades. After a few weeks (2 or 3) they put her back in the water and resume service.

Hypo

Thank you for letting me know about Majesty dry dock. I will be on her 5/1 with my 4 sisters. This will be their first cruise, my 4th.

Navigator 2005

Adventure 2004

Adventure 2003

Can anyone tell me what they did to the Majesty on her January drydock? Will be on her in April, and was wondering what I can expect to be be different since my last cruise (hopefully, they've changed the Windjammer into stations, rather than cafeteria-style lines....)

Michele

Archived