The Jewel

What can you tell me about the Jewel. I am trying to decide between the Jewel and CCL Legend. Also I haven't seen any pricing for balcony guarantee rooms, does that mean they don't have them or do you have to ask. Thanks!!!

I haven't sailed on the Jewel, but I can tell you that she gets excellent reviews... everyone who sails on her seems to love her!

RCCL doesn't always offer the guarantee catagories... I really haven't seen them for very many sailings. If they have them, they do show them.

Hi Gunnar

just thought I'd give you a new area to ck out.. vacationloungedotcom.

just recovering from a bahamas junket, will send an email.

any cruises planned? I guess that's a crazy question!

We sailed on the Jewel in September 10 days out of Boston..... it was out best 10 days that year! It was just wonderful. Good food, attentive staff, beautiful and clean ship.... the most georgeos solarium area I have ever seen on any of the RCI ships. Loved the tahitian hut and the huge golden elephants!! Also must sees are the Schooner bar....one of the best decorated I have seen, and the sports bar. Also if you haven't been on a Radiance class ship the outside elevators are a must. They have all glass walls and if you ride them from about deck 12 down to deck 4, you will swear you are going to plunge into the ocean. Pretty cool! Captain James McDonald was very good, the only Canadian Captain I know of. I have heard the cruise director has changed. We had Peter ?Blightman who was excellent. Cheerio! Anyways, you will have an awesome time.......

Jen

Aventure of the Seas .... 62 days!

Jewel 2005

Explorer 2004

Voyager 2002

Monarch 1994

• 1 month later...

We travel CCL LEGEND for Thanksgiving 2005 and we just now booked the Jewel for Thanksgiving 2006...will never go back to CCL. So disappointed in the dining and food prep/presentation. Camp Carnival was a poor experience. Our table servers were wonderful and the steward accomodating but, all in all, the Legend was a terrible disappointment. (The Sloth Sanctuary in Costa Rica should not be missed if you should chose the Legend's West. Carib..)

That's my video! Glad to see it's still popular! :D

Sylvia: Just watched your video. Great job. We'll be on the Jewel this fall and am anxious to experience all the Jewel has to offer. Glad the reviews are all so positive. We're doing a Back 2 Back for 14 nights so I plan on getting to know the ship pretty well - she looks beautiful from your video shots.

Archived