labadee upgrade with transportation

kitkat343

My family has small children (aged 3 and 7) and I was trying to write a review of my last cruise when I realized that one of the problems we experienced might have been my fault.  If you purchase any of the extras (a cabana, exclusive area, etc) do they provide transportation directly to that beach instead of having you ride the regular trams that run across Labadee?  There were long lines for the trams on the day we were there, and we normally book private excursions for just our family to avoid logistical problems when traveling, so on our last cruise Labadee was the most difficult stop for our family due to the transportation issues and waiting and walking in the heat.  I'm wondering for my review if there  was an excursion experience I should have booked to avoid the long lines for the trams.  The RC employees were doing a really good job of bringing out sand wheelchairs to help people with disabilities get through the long walk on the pier, and might have been putting those guests on the front of the tram line, but for my kids the long walk in the heat and then lines for the trams was a bit overwhelming and I'm wondering if there was something I missed and should have booked to ensure my kids had the best chance of enjoying this port.

And yes, I do understand the risk of traveling with young kids is that they might not enjoy it - we've taken our kids on many cruises, and usually plan well enough to minimize the risks of their getting overwhelmed and not being able to enjoy a port.  This was my first private island and I wasn't as certain of what to plan as I am when I took my kids on other cruises.

Yes, if you book a cabana for Barefoot Beach.

4 minutes ago, kitkat343 said:

My family has small children (aged 3 and 7) and I was trying to write a review of my last cruise when I realized that one of the problems we experienced might have been my fault.  If you purchase any of the extras (a cabana, exclusive area, etc) do they provide transportation directly to that beach instead of having you ride the regular trams that run across Labadee?  There were long lines for the trams on the day we were there, and we normally book private excursions for just our family to avoid logistical problems when traveling, so on our last cruise Labadee was the most difficult stop for our family due to the transportation issues and waiting and walking in the heat.  I'm wondering for my review if there  was an excursion experience I should have booked to avoid the long lines for the trams.  The RC employees were doing a really good job of bringing out sand wheelchairs to help people with disabilities get through the long walk on the pier, and might have been putting those guests on the front of the tram line, but for my kids the long walk in the heat and then lines for the trams was a bit overwhelming and I'm wondering if there was something I missed and should have booked to ensure my kids had the best chance of enjoying this port.

And yes, I do understand the risk of traveling with young kids is that they might not enjoy it - we've taken our kids on many cruises, and usually plan well enough to minimize the risks of their getting overwhelmed and not being able to enjoy a port.  This was my first private island and I wasn't as certain of what to plan as I am when I took my kids on other cruises.

Yes if you book a cabana for Barefoot Beach.

10 minutes ago, kitkat343 said:

If you purchase any of the extras (a cabana, exclusive area, etc) do they provide transportation directly to that beach instead of having you ride the regular trams that run across Labadee?

We purchased a cabana at Barefoot Beach and got a ride in a golf cart to the beach. We also got a ride from Barefoot to the central area and a ride to the Dragons Coaster.