December Suggestions?

billslowsky

I am considering taking the Dec 13 NCL 5 day cruise from NYC to Bermuda.  Would be in Bermuda from 9am Thursday until 3:30 pm Friday.  

I have never been there so late in the year, and Horseshoe and Tobacco Bays, my favorite beaches, probably aren't a great idea.  I have seen on other threads people planning to go the the caves by ferry/bus which sounds doable, is the lighthouse also along that route?  Any other suggestions besides walking around Hamilton or the Dockyard?

Thanks

The lighthouse is not on the same route as the caves. It is on the #7 route which is along the south shore near Horseshoe. If you walk around Hamilton I suggest visiting Fort Hamilton. If NCL is running their ferry to St. George you could walk around there. One idea to consider is a 4 or 5 hour taxi tour. You could include the lighthouse as part of that. 

Edited by Charles4515

On 11/14/2022 at 7:05 PM, Charles4515 said:

The lighthouse is not on the same route as the caves. It is on the #7 route which is along the south shore near Horseshoe. If you walk around Hamilton I suggest visiting Fort Hamilton. If NCL is running their ferry to St. George you could walk around there. One idea to consider is a 4 or 5 hour taxi tour. You could include the lighthouse as part of that. 

Thanks.  I've never gone to fort hamilton, looking it up on a map it looks like what's beyond where the streets end when I'm wandering past the car dealer.  Looks interesting.  And free!

2 hours ago, billslowsky said:

Thanks.  I've never gone to fort hamilton, looking it up on a map it looks like what's beyond where the streets end when I'm wandering past the car dealer.  Looks interesting.  And free!

If you visit the fort be sure to down the stairs and walk around the moat.