Theatre Under The Stars

luvocean9

Has anyone experienced the Theatre under the Stars on a Princess ship? Did the chair hogs make it difficult to find seating? What time were the shows? What kind of food was served? Is there a show every day or night?

Movies Under the Stars (MUTS) was on our Caribbean Princess in December. Played throughout the day with excellent movies at night. One night was reserved for the kids programs, but other nights easy to get a lounge chair without a reservation for us.

MUTS was on the Sea Princess in February. Movies were shown daily.The movies shown during the day used free headsets provided by room steward. Movies shown at night did not need headsets. No reservations were necessary, no chairhogs at all, and popcorn was provided. Deck chairs were covered with special headrest covering.

We're just off the Sea Princess Saturday 4th March and I must admit I was not impressed with the idea before joining the ship. After seeing it however, it really is a grand experience and I would commend Princess for introducing it. We never really sat down in the evening to watch a film, there were quite a few good ones, but we could have done as there were plenty of empty comfortable looking covered recilers but what I did enjoy was the early evening programmes which were usually concerts of Pavaroti, Bob Marley and Diana Krall. These concerts were absolutely superb and the picture and sound were great quality. It was a perfect place to sit with a beer when the wife is preparing for the evening. I can see other companies following Princess and introducing this experience to their fleets.

Happy cruising, Jimmy

I'm so glad to hear there is popcorn. I love the snack! I've cruised a number of times on other lines. They did not have popcorn, not even at the bar. After a week, I really missed having popcorn.

Archived