Rental Car from Orlando to Port Canaveral

chbbsteve

Hello all. I will be arriving in Orlando (MCO) on June 3rd at 10:50AM and need to get to Port Canaveral for embarkation. I was looking into renting a car from Budget as it is my understanding that there is a shuttle to the port when I reach my destination Budget office. I'm only 21 years old and I know they charge a fee of $25 for anyone under the age of 25 to rent a car...I also believe they are the only rental company available in the area that will allow anyone under 25 to rent (unless someone knows otherwise). So my question is, what should I expect from renting a car? What sort of hidden fees are there? Do I need or should I buy insurance? Anyone who has experience with renting a car willing to throw in there thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I rented a car from National to take me from Miami port to Orlando Airport (last minute ship switch - from the Fantasy and an 6b and Port Canaveral to Carnival Victory and an 9b). Being Canadian, all I needed was my passport and a credit card - no deposit required on the credit card - just enough to cover the rental. So it cost me $26.00 plus gas to travel from Miami to Orlando...

Hope that helps...

The reason I was looking to rent a car rather than take Carnival's transfer is because I'd like to get to port before it fills up with everyone from the transfer busses and its also cheaper.

By the time you get off the plane, take the tram into the main terminal, go down to the baggage claim, get your bags, go down one more level to the rental cars, STAND in what can be a LONG line (Orlando...DISNEY...Lots of people) fill out the papers, go over to the lot to get the car...find your way out of the airport...can be confusing..NORTH exit or SOUTH exit what route 417..535...beachline....drive the 45+ mins to the port....turn the car back in...don't forget to get gas...Well I would say (as someone who drives these roads and go to the airport A LOT) it will be about 2pm by the time you get there...barring any major traffic delays.

Now the car has cost you $30 +, and the extra $25, if you want insurance (extra $10-15) & taxes (this is FL..there are LOTS of taxes) and the tolls and gas...just pay the $50 r/t and take the transfers. You will get there quicker and with less hassle.

Archived