Vibe Passes Sold on Board?

zackarykeef

Hello! Has anyone been personally able to secure Vibe passes on board right after boarding when it said “unavailable” online prior to sailing? There is every answer under the sun out there, from yes they are, no they aren’t, only if not sold out prior, etc…all from people who “heard” it from someone else.

We are sailing soon, and online it says unavailable. Hoping they only sell a % of total online prior and reserve some for onboard purchase, similar to show and restaurant reservations, so I’m just seeing if anyone was personally able to purchase them on board. Thanks in advance!

Happy cruising! 😎

I am in same situation, no answers yet? We are also on the Prima in January, Zakarykeef, if you find out on your cruise, could you kindly let me know. 

Edited by kenzie
additional comment

16 hours ago, kenzie said:

I am in same situation, no answers yet? We are also on the Prima in January, Zakarykeef, if you find out on your cruise, could you kindly let me know. 

Will do! I’m hoping someone who has sailed recently will report back!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

We sail Prima in April and Vibe says Too Early To Book, yet our Bliss cruise in November allows us to purchase right now.

We're on Prima in April too.   Did final payment, then I successfully bought 2 Vibe passes last week.  (Yikes, pricey, but that Vibe area looks amazing).

• Thanks 1

IMO, they just don't have the reservation system up to the task of selecting VIBE and SPA passes as part of the booking system; intentional or unintentional.  We would have sailed numerous NCL ships but were not able to do such and were always told (TA, NCL phone or chat) that we had to book the cruise first, then wait for the open to book time period, and see if VIBE and SPA passes were available.

We've never got a representative who could access the specific cruise and see if such were already sold out.  Also, we certainly understand they want to capture the booking first and foremost, and that works for them at this time, but for us these two amenities are decision critical (specifically for us).  As a result, we just don't book NCL.

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

We sail Prima in April and Vibe says Too Early To Book, yet our Bliss cruise in November allows us to purchase right now.  When you say Not Available, does it say that or does it say Too Early to Book?

It says Not Available

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JGmf said:

We're on Prima in April too.   Did final payment, then I successfully bought 2 Vibe passes last week.  (Yikes, pricey, but that Vibe area looks amazing).

Thanks.  May I ask how much and how many days.  We’re making final payment in a few days.

10 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Thanks.  May I ask how much and how many days.  We’re making final payment in a few days.

Sure.  $259/pp  7 days. 

($37/pp/day for the math-curious).

• Thanks 1

On 11/23/2022 at 7:49 AM, zackarykeef said:

On 11/23/2022 at 7:49 AM, zackarykeef said:

Zackarykeef, hope you have had a wonderful cruise were you able to buy Vibe tickets as you boarded? 

On 12/13/2022 at 6:51 AM, kenzie said:

Zackarykeef, hope you have had a wonderful cruise were you able to buy Vibe tickets as you boarded? 

Thanks for reminding me to report back!

Here’s the final verdict…

1) NCL puts 100% of Vibe passes up for sale online. If it says unavailable…it’s sold out.

2) The ONLY way you can buy passes on board (which would be at Guest Services) is if someone cancels last minute. I know this because we were told there were none available, as were multiple people we spoke with. However, there was one couple in Vibe who literally were the 3rd and 4th people on the ship who went straight to Guest Services and scored the last two passes.

3) How do I know this? We ended up in Vibe! I checked religiously 4-5 times daily in the weeks leading up to the sailing, and randomly one day, it said available…so I scrambled and was able to purchase 1 (someone had obviously cancelled). I got EXTREMELY lucky as I posted in the FB group for our sailing as a joke several days prior to the sailing asking if anyone wanted to give up their Vibe pass, and another guest (who became a good friend) messaged me at 2:00am before sailing stating that her boyfriend would not be coming since he was sick. We met up on board and were able to have concierge transfer his pass to me.

All I can say is…get it ASAP. 💯 worth it, and I don’t think I would sail Prima without it (personally). Feel free to ask any other questions…I’m going to post a full review soon!