Waitlist Excursions

Fletcher

Fletcher, like you I'm disappointed with the port cancellations but I have just received an e-mail from Walter at Silversea and he and his team are working on some exciting excursions from Jeddah, including an overnight to Al Ula.  The overnight in Al Ula is one of the main reasons for booking this cruise so whilst I'm still disappointed with the canceled ports we are going ahead with this cruise.  I think a lot of the smaller ports are getting nervous about accepting cruise ships because of Covid and the many reports in the press about cruise ships with covid on board. It makes no sense to me as the general population have way more cases per capita than a cruise ship (in Australia at least).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2022 at 12:55 AM, clarky said:

Fletcher, like you I'm disappointed with the port cancellations but I have just received an e-mail from Walter at Silversea and he and his team are working on some exciting excursions from Jeddah, including an overnight to Al Ula.  The overnight in Al Ula is one of the main reasons for booking this cruise so whilst I'm still disappointed with the canceled ports we are going ahead with this cruise.  I think a lot of the smaller ports are getting nervous about accepting cruise ships because of Covid and the many reports in the press about cruise ships with covid on board. It makes no sense to me as the general population have way more cases per capita than a cruise ship (in Australia at least).

Have you been able to book the revised excursion to Al Ula?  It appears on the regular Silversea website for the cruise but not when I log into MySilversea.  They are obviously working hard to recover the situation.  

Fletcher, I have just been informed by Silversea that the new excursions are available to book.  I have made our bookings.  We will do the overnight to Al Ula on the 5th - 6th May.  I also booked the excursion to Medina via fast train for the 4th May.  Not disappointed with the tours at all.  The communication with Silversea has been excellent and I beleive they have done an excellent job of arranging some great tours.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, clarky said:

Fletcher, I have just been informed by Silversea that the new excursions are available to book.  I have made our bookings.  We will do the overnight to Al Ula on the 5th - 6th May.  I also booked the excursion to Medina via fast train for the 4th May.  Not disappointed with the tours at all.  The communication with Silversea has been excellent and I beleive they have done an excellent job of arranging some great tours.

Yes, totally agree.  Heard yesterday the tours were up on the site - booked AlUla for 3-4 May and Medinah for 5th.  They have retrieved the situation brilliantly.  Let's hope it all works out on the ground when we all get there. 

• Like 1