entertainment book coupon for NCL ??

melika091900

NCL received my coupon the other day and said I can't use it because I booked a guarantee cabin and got upgraded to a cabin that was $500.00

more than I paid. Based on that they will not credit me $200.00. OH, well.

I tried.!!!!!!!!:mad:

i have no idea what will happen with my coupon. got the book on sale (sign up for 2007 get 2006 for $5.00 - got my monies worth just in restaurants the 1st 2 wks) i send in the coupon, at the same time i paid through my online TA. sent a note saying the TA told me to send the coupon directly to NCL. that was about 6 weeks ago. sent one in for our room and another for my FIL. figured if i got it fine, if not..i tried. i need to start going through the credit card statements to see if it gets credited.

FIL got a deal on his inside room, but he is a single. we have a balcony, no special pricing. we can only hope.

My coupon does not mention rate codes. I checked and figured I would send it in before final payment. I think I might be one of the lucky ones. For some people it worked , others it didnt. I will wait and see.!!!!!:o

Mine didn't say anything about a rate code either. But still no dice for me :(

NCL received my coupon the other day and said I can't use it because I booked a guarantee cabin and got upgraded to a cabin that was $500.00

more than I paid. Based on that they will not credit me $200.00. OH, well.

I tried.!!!!!!!!:mad:

Truly there is always a reason...I wish they would just spell out the rules.

thanks for bringing my old thread to life again ,,

this is what happened to me

i called and was told i need to book my sailing under a leadership fare they called it to use the coupon..ok i did , i would still save 100$ altogether with the 200$ off coupon,,

so i booked our cruise like in march,,,,

and they accepted it, the final payment due had the discount etc etc..

well a few weeks ago i received a letter from NCL stating they cannot honor the coupon, after 5 months they send me a letter crazy..

so i called NCL and paid my final payment ,,, they said nothing about not honoring the coupon, so i didnt say anything either and my balance is paid in full.. so i guess they took it afterall.

i hope when we board they dont say, hey you owe us this amount,,

but i have my statement proving im paid,,

just thought i would share that...

I,too, wish they state exactly why this coupon can or cannot be used. I was wondering if the 2007 entertainment book had them and my question got answered. No more coupons. I guess they are tired of the phone calls.:mad:

I have had nothing but aggrivation with this coupon! We booked a BA on the Jewel for Nov sailing through Sam's. When I first mentioned the coupon customer service told me to send it to them and they will adjust the final invoice. I did. I called to follow up on it and CS told me they never received it. I got a hold of another coupon mailed it in again. Called to follow up - CS told me Sam's does not honor this coupon because their rates are already significantly lower :mad: - (does anyone know if it states that on the coupon)I called NCL and they were no help at all because I booked through Sam's. Final payment is due Tuesday - I'm still trying to figure out how to save $100 ;)

Happy Sailing!

We booked 4 cabins on the Sun. We are all first time ncl cruisers. My daughter did all the bookings. I sent her the coupons and she called the TA and she said no we couldn't use them because it was a group cruise. We did not book a group cruise! I then called an ncl rep. and she couldn't have been nicer. I asked her if we could use the coupons and she said yes and we could also get a ship credit according to the type cabin--OV-$50--Bal.--$75--Mini Suite--$100 My daughter then called the TA and she called ncl rep. that I talked to and everything was taken care of. We got $100 off each cabin ( since it's a 7 day cruise ) and also the shipboard credits. I got the phone # on the ncl site. Hope this helps some of you. Happy cruising:)

We booked 4 cabins on the Sun. We are all first time ncl cruisers. My daughter did all the bookings. I sent her the coupons and she called the TA and she said no we couldn't use them because it was a group cruise. We did not book a group cruise! I then called an ncl rep. and she couldn't have been nicer. I asked her if we could use the coupons and she said yes and we could also get a ship credit according to the type cabin--OV-$50--Bal.--$75--Mini Suite--$100 My daughter then called the TA and she called ncl rep. that I talked to and everything was taken care of. We got $100 off each cabin ( since it's a 7 day cruise ) and also the shipboard credits. I got the phone # on the ncl site. Hope this helps some of you. Happy cruising:)

Which phone # on the NCL site? I would like to call. thank you.

I have had nothing but aggrivation with this coupon! We booked a BA on the Jewel for Nov sailing through Sam's. When I first mentioned the coupon customer service told me to send it to them and they will adjust the final invoice. I did. I called to follow up on it and CS told me they never received it. I got a hold of another coupon mailed it in again. Called to follow up - CS told me Sam's does not honor this coupon because their rates are already significantly lower :mad: - (does anyone know if it states that on the coupon)I called NCL and they were no help at all because I booked through Sam's. Final payment is due Tuesday - I'm still trying to figure out how to save $100 ;)

Happy Sailing!

I also book through the same TA and its not them its NCL. Maybe they didn't explain it correctly. It has to be a specific rate code - and if you got a good deal as I did you did not book the "right" rate code so therefore no discount.

I was annoyed but I got over it....

When you book through a TA - they are group prices. They book a group of rooms at a group rate and then sell them. Its how they are able to undercut prices. So it was true !

Just beware that once NCL gets the coupons you might get the same story...its not valid, etc.

There was an on board credit promotion similar to the one you just posted above so maybe you were still eligible for that.

Good luck!

I think NCL's PR people need a few lessons in attracting and holding customers. Tis better to have a small coupon that actually works then a big coupon that does not.

That being said.....a $25 or $50 shipboard credit coupon that is good for "everyone" would have created much better customer cruise appeal then a $200 coupon that barely anyone can use.

I have the same useless coupon in my 2006 Entertainment book and I did not read anything about needing to book certain "codes" in order for the coupon to be good. However, when they state that "restrictions apply" and only for "certain cruises"..... they are actually making the coupon worthless when ever they choose to do so which in this case is almost "always". :rolleyes:

Archived