Entertainment on R class ships?

Infi

I haven't been on an R class ship since the pandemic, and I'm curious how the entertainment is now handled on these ships. When we last sailed on the Amsterdam in 2020, they hadn't yet brought the BB King's, Billboard, Lincoln Center, etc. to this class of ship and they still had the old style solo player in the piano bar, Adagio in Explorers, etc. 

For those who have been on the Volendam or Zaandam post-pandemic, how have the spaces onboard been adapted to the new entertainment style? Do these ships still have the old style piano bar or is it the dueling pianos? Is there BB King's onboard, and if so, where? Is there still a trio in the Ocean Bar for dancing? I'm curious because the R class ship design is more limited and doesn't lend itself as easily to these new entertainment options like the Vista/Signature class does, so am wondering where it all fits. Thanks, all. 

We spent fourteen days on Zaandam in August/September.   We loved the Entertainment! 

In Ocean Bar we had a Pianist who played earlier in the Evening starting at 4 pm.  Sometimes she played alone and sometimes she had a Singer with her.  Later in the Evening there was the Ocean Bar Band that had a different Singer (or two) and, yes, people were dancing.  They were very good and sang updated songs.  The Piano Bar on Zaandam does not have Billboard.  We had Clara V in the Piano Bar and she was great!  It was so nice not having the same sets of songs that Billboard seems to play on all the Ships.

They did have the "Off the Charts" Show and that was performed with Clara V and the Piano Player from the Ocean Bar Band since no Billboard Duo.  

I would not hesitate to book Zaandam again!  She was always one of our favorites and still is a favorite!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The R class ships do not have the rooms for BB King. They do have a band in Ocean Bar which some of them (as well as pianist) may participate in a show on World Stage, but the R class are not set up for music like Music Walk on P ships. And unfortunately One Step Dancers, Canteres and BBC shows on World Stage are redundant. If they brought back the singers, stage band and dancers from the previous talent agency, it would bring better entertainment to the R class.  But we still like sailing the R and S class ships better than P class. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, idiebabe said:

We spent fourteen days on Zaandam in August/September.   We loved the Entertainment! 

In Ocean Bar we had a Pianist who played earlier in the Evening starting at 4 pm.  Sometimes she played alone and sometimes she had a Singer with her.  Later in the Evening there was the Ocean Bar Band that had a different Singer (or two) and, yes, people were dancing.  They were very good and sang updated songs.  The Piano Bar on Zaandam does not have Billboard.  We had Clara V in the Piano Bar and she was great!  It was so nice not having the same sets of songs that Billboard seems to play on all the Ships.

They did have the "Off the Charts" Show and that was performed with Clara V and the Piano Player from the Ocean Bar Band since no Billboard Duo.  

Thank you, this is very helpful. I had been wondering if they had kept the old piano bar style intact and am happy to hear they did. Also glad to her there's music and dancing in the Ocean bar. Looking forward to sailing Zaandam soon!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, REOVA said:

The R class ships do not have the rooms for BB King. They do have a band in Ocean Bar which some of them (as well as pianist) may participate in a show on World Stage, but the R class are not set up for music like Music Walk on P ships. 

Yes, I am well aware of the layout limitations, hence why I asked the question. 

• Like 1