Escape Haven

Shidah

Thanks we stayed on 17 in a H2 last year on the Escape and loved it other than the wind.  This time was going to go aft, but changed to a 2 bedroom, which I have stayed in on other ships, just not Escape..  I love the aft and the balcony on the aft, but miss being in the courtyard.  I’ve waffled more times back and forth on this cruise on room type than any other trip. 

I think the biggest thing is the location of the restaurant and bar/pool/lobby.  On Escape, the restaurant is on 18, upstairs from the bar and the entrance - so if you are on 18 like me, it's quieter, but you are always going up or down except to eat.  

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Escape a few years ago when she was sailing from NYC to Bermuda and stayed on 18. It was quiet except for early in the morning when they put the deck chairs out.  The noise did wake us up early (like between 6 and 7 am) a couple of mornings.  You could also hear the deck chairs scrape on the deck above during the day but that wasn't so bad.  We are going on the Escape again on 12/10 and opted for a room on 17 this time.