Cruise Next cancel fee?

StarAFire

Hi,

Was wondering, as I have never had this happen before.  If I have a booking where I just have a Cruise Next deposit, and final payment date is Dec 6th... if I need to cancel the booking, are there any fees or anything associated with this?  Asking as my mom and I made a booking last week.  And we asked NCL to transfer one of my Cruise Next to my sister's account.  At this time, my TA had put a hold on my sister's room.  But this morning, when the CN certificate made it over, the hold had expired, and now we are being quoted $800 more for her cabin.  Which is now over 20% over the original quoted price.  My TA said she is going to try and fight NCL again on this, as they were the ones who told her the certificate would transfer in time before hold expire.  But in case she doesn't win, I was wondering, if we can still cancel mine and my mom's room w/o penalty.  She said was going to try and ask NCL this question too tomorrow.  But she didn't want to bring that up w/ NCL until trying to fight one more time.

Thanks!

Edited by StarAFire

Fees are governed by the type of fare you book and the general terms and conditions of the booking. Whether or not you use a CN certificate doesn't matter. 

In your example, you are before final payment, so there would be no cancellation penalties imposed by NCL. The CN gets returned to your latitudes account as long as the expiration date has not passed. It can be used on a future sailing.

Edited by luv2kroooz

9 minutes ago, luv2kroooz said:

Fees are governed by the type of fare you book and the general terms and conditions of the booking. Whether or not you use a CN certificate doesn't matter. 

In your example, you are before final payment, so there would be no cancellation penalties imposed by NCL. The CN gets returned to your latitudes account as long as the expiration date has not passed. It can be used on a future sailing.

Thanks!  Expiration is in 2024 and 2026 so I think it will be ok.