Hawaiian cruise-shore excursions

kaitlynkruise

Happy Thanksgiving all!

For those of you that have gone on an Hawaiian cruise (  we have a 14 day out of Long Beach in Feb. on the Miracle) WHEN do they add more excursions to Pearl Harbor??? This is on hubbys bucket list, and I see only 2 listed(well, one since one is sold out)  Surely there are more excursions coming????  I have looked at outside tours, but they leave in early  morning, and we aren't due to dock until 11 am. , so we wont be able to do that.    We  strictly want to see Pearl Harbor( Punchbowl is fine, but no shopping ,city tour  etc)     I understand Pearl Harbor closes at 5, so I realize seeing the Arizona will probably not happen..... As long as he can see a good part of Pearl Harbor he will be happy.  Thanks for any help and ideas!

We're taking the same cruise in January. They probably won't add anything else.  We had only 27 total shore excursions for the better part of a year. They finally added a few in October, but we had already booked outside of Carnival by then! You probably need to book Pearl Harbor yourself, and Uber over.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kaitlynkruise said:

I understand Pearl Harbor closes at 5, so I realize seeing the Arizona will probably not happen..... As long as he can see a good part of Pearl Harbor he will be happy.  Thanks for any help and ideas!

I used to live in Hawaii and have been to Pearl Harbor many times (retired Navy).  Seems late for the Miracle to be pulling into Honolulu. We went on this cruise a long time ago (R/T from San Diego) and if memory serves, we pulled in around nine-ish.  But with your schedule, going to Pearl Harbor is very doable.  As pcvtmom mentioned, take an Uber.  Taxis are also available at the port.   I took a look at reservations out to the Arizona but it only goes through January 24th.  Just keep an eye on it and when your day opens up, snag a couple of tickets for a launch leaving between 1:00-2:00PM.  There is plenty to see while you wait for the boat to leave.  For tickets go to https://www.recreation.gov/ticket/233338/ticket/16.  You can do this! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1