Boarding zone instead of "Priority" for Diamond/Platinum?

pjfnme

I had assumed that since the priority boarding was reinstated for Diamond/Platinum VIFP, the boarding pass would go back to listing "PRIORITY" under the Boarding Zone, but I just checked in for an upcoming cruise and received zone A02. Also, nowhere on the boarding pass or luggage tags does it list Priority...but it does show Platinum on the luggage tags (where it used to state Priority). I haven't sailed since the announcement so can anyone who has sailed recently please shed some light on this for me? We're leaving out of New Orleans, and (Pre-Covid) they've always done well with the Captains Lounge and priority lines...just wondering what to expect. Are the D/P still boarding by zones or is the priority boarding TRULY back as they claimed? Also, as a side note...my daughter purchased FTTF for her cabin and her boarding zone is stamped FTTF only - no zone. Quite confusing.

When I left out of NOLA on Nov 5th they had just reinstated the priority boarding....i just turned Platinum on that cruise so i cant say what it used to be but now they call diamond A01 Platinum A01 and the DIamond A02 and Platinum A02...so you are first in your boarding zone over just the regular people. That was just my experience a few weeks ago

3 hours ago, Tiger0613 said:

Is the lounge in New Orleans open to platinum/damond again or still just suites?

I cruised out of NOLA in March and was in a suite.  I sat out with everyone else, except I was in an area up front.  I don't even think they were using the Captain's Lounge.