Radiance 4-day Thanksgiving sailing - Funtimes, Menus, thoughts, etc

weezal

It was a good cruise overall.

Not enough time to do everything, on such a short sailing.

MDR food was better than other Carnival ships I've been on (Splendor, Panorama, Mardi Gras)

Andras, manager at the steakhouse, will take care of you, excellent hospitality.

Catalina water shuttle was a mess, long wait, crowd/line, honestly not worth getting off.

Holiday week, lots of families.

Neighbors/kids woke up screaming at 5am daily, combined with thin walls.

Scenic Ocean View (FWD facing) cabin was great, lots of space.

Deli.png

Pasta Bella lunch.png

Pizza Plus.png

555-wine-menu.pdf Catalina shuttle .pdf Debarkation.pdf Fahrenheit555-Menu-crab-cake-apple-tarte-tatin-092022.pdf Funtimes Day 1.pdf Funtimes Day 2.pdf Funtimes Day 3.pdf Funtimes Day 4.pdf indoor-bar-menu.pdf mdr-wine-menu.pdf Menu_Cloud9_Holidays.pdf outdoor-bar-menu.pdf QR_MENU_D1-50-082022.pdf QR_MENU_D4-50-082022_baked_alaska.pdf QR_MENU_D5-50-082022.pdf QR_Menu-Cucina-Dinner-Radiance-052022.pdf QR-Bonsai-Dinner-Menu-2022.pdf QR-breakfast-menu.pdf QR-brunch-menu.pdf Radiance Deck Plan PDF.pdf RedFrog-Pub-Menu.pdf room-service-10am-6am-092022.pdf serenity-bar-menu.pdf Thanksgiving-Dinner-2022.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank you so much! The hubby and I are doing this cruise January 9th so perfect timing, I look forward to going through all the menus and fun times. We shouldn’t have a lot of kids as they will be back in school, love being retired. I appreciate the info on the water shuttle too, we are determined to go onshore in Catalina. It’s been 20+ years, we enjoyed vacationing there when our kids were still kids, I will be prepared to be patient, lol! Thanks again, this post made my day! 

Thank you for this wealth of information! There is never enough info or reports from the shorter cruises. I love the Radiance, and there is definitely not enough time to eat at everyplace on that ship!

Glad you had a good time~

• Like 1

Thank you for this! We sail on this same cruise 12/30 - 1/3.

This is our first cruise and we’re very excited. However, I was focused so much on finding a cruise for my dates that I didn’t think to consider weather. Was it cold? Or good pool weather? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demuremuse said:

Thank you for this! We sail on this same cruise 12/30 - 1/3.

This is our first cruise and we’re very excited. However, I was focused so much on finding a cruise for my dates that I didn’t think to consider weather. Was it cold? Or good pool weather? 

I sailed Radiance in August and live a one hour drive south of Long Beach. This time of year in SoCal the nights get down to 40 degrees. Take a jacket and/or sweat shirt for any early morning and evening walks on deck. You may see some polar bears in the pools but most folks will be in the not so hot, hot tubs.

Radiance has a beautiful remake of the interior and looks like a brand new Sheraton hotel. Light and bright. Have fun