Help me choose the port for Helicopter + Dog Sledding

geo.mac

Hello Cruisers!

I'm excited to be taking my family on the NCL Encore in June.  A bucket list item we have is to take a helicopter to dog sled on a glacier.   In reviewing the itinerary and available excursions, it looks like our wishes can be fulfilled at both the Juneau stop or the Skagway stop.   Juneau has it's excursion on the Mendenhall Glacier and Skagway has theirs on the Denver Glacier.   Does anyone know if there's a difference between the two?   Choosing one, would also free up exploring and expeditions at the other.   Which would you choose and why?

Additional relevant information:  The Encore is scheduled to be in Juneau from 2:30PM - 11:00PM and Skagway from 7:00AM - 8:15PM.   Both helicopter rides and dog sled activities are of similar length.  

Thanks!

Our friends joined us on an NCL cruise 10 years ago and did it in Skagway since they opted for the Bearing Sea trip in Ketchikan.  They loved both tours. I'm sure either one will be fun and spectacular.  I'd be tempted to do it atthe first stop, so if it gets cancelled due to weather you may have another shot at stop 2.

• Like 1