BAR DRINKS

godzukihop

9 hours ago, godzukihop said:

I love an Old Fashioned, but I found them much too strong on Scarlet Lady. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Oh my, the Old Fashioned is my litmus test of any cruise ship. Honestly I loved the Old Fashioned at On the Rocks and the one I got in Test Kitchen might be the best one I've ever had. I couldn't stop talking about it in my food review. 🙂 Overall I found the bars among the better ones at sea. World Class Bar on Celebrity is still my absolute favorite, the Disney bars are really good too, but I really enjoyed the drinks on Virgin. Even the pool bar made some great cocktails which is rare on a cruise ship.

If you're interested in the food tour, Where's Walter Travel on YouTube, we have a 5 part Scarlet Lady vlog with one of them titled "Scarlet Lady Food, Good or Hype?" CC doesn't appreciate it when we link to our own videos or I would put a link here for you. 🙂 I also have a tour of our Cheeky Corner Suite and an overall review of the ship.

• Like 2

By nature that's a strong drink. It's a slow slipper and should mellow as the ice cube melts. I really enjoyed the drinks I had on VV. Quality over quantity. Lots of bad drinks out there on other cruise lines offering unlimited drinks packages. 

• Like 3

I definitely think VV makes the best old fashioned compared to RCCL or Princess. I prefer rye in my old fashioned and VV’s was perfect when ordered with rye.

The Test Kitchen bar tender on Valiant, is a hidden gem. We ordered the cocktail and nonalcoholic cocktail pairing. He brought out some of our cocktails and asked how we were enjoying the nonalcoholic version. It was very obvious they take a lot of pride in their mixology. The nonalcoholic cocktails they put together were outstanding. 

22 hours ago, Fogcityca13 said:

I definitely think VV makes the best old fashioned compared to RCCL or Princess. I prefer rye in my old fashioned and VV’s was perfect when ordered with rye.

The Test Kitchen bar tender on Valiant, is a hidden gem. We ordered the cocktail and nonalcoholic cocktail pairing. He brought out some of our cocktails and asked how we were enjoying the nonalcoholic version. It was very obvious they take a lot of pride in their mixology. The nonalcoholic cocktails they put together were outstanding. 

I have had many Old Fashions, and now my go to is w/Basil Hayden rye. I must of received an anomaly because there was definitely no flavor, just burn from too much liquor. Who knows maybe it was just me, but I will try again this April. All of the other drinks were great. 

10 hours ago, godzukihop said:

I have had many Old Fashions, and now my go to is w/Basil Hayden rye. I must of received an anomaly because there was definitely no flavor, just burn from too much liquor. Who knows maybe it was just me, but I will try again this April. All of the other drinks were great. 

Definitely odd, maybe they used Makers Mark or only used a little simple syrup? We mostly hung out in On the Rocks and they were using Buffalo Trace.