What are some of the best drinks to get!

Firstcruise05 is right. They are little shot glasses that are kind of shaped like chalices. They have a different color and different drink each night. The one we had was baileys and butterscotch schnapps. Very smooth and yummy. I think it was about 5.95 or 6.95. Usually the server gave us a refill (using the same cup)...but we always throw an extra dollar on the tip line. The cups are small, easy to carry home and non-breakable.

I have a whole collection of the pink ones from the Brilliance. Instead of getting mine dirty, Eric would give me my Buttery Nipples in a glass and let me take the clean ones home. Watch out though! After 3 or 4 of those things, the world starts to look a little blurry.

I tried a new shot this week, Baileys and Creme de Menthe. The shock to the throat is amazing, but boy do those taste good!

The cups are small, easy to carry home and non-breakable.

On our first cruise, we had a remarkable Romanian cocktail waitress named Carmen. She made sure we had a complete set of the little shot glasses, in all the colors. Don't know if yours are the same, but the ones we have are definitely made of glass and breakable. The colored coating will come off as we found out after mistakenly washing one in the dishwasher (they're silver underneath).

We didn't use creme de banana.

Our recipe:

1/2 banana

2 of pina colada mix

1 - 2 of banana daquiri mix (depended on the bartender and how much we had to drink)

2 of Baileys

1 shot dark rum (again, depends on your taste)

Blend with ice - keep it thick. Like Archie on the Mariner, we top it off with more Baileys

The bartender on the Mariner told us to use only Island Oasis Colada and banana daquiri mix. You can't get island oasis at retail - we bribe a bartender we know to order it for us.

I had the best one aside of the ones on the Mariner this winter at the Fontainebleu pool bar in Miami - it was perfect!

Thanks so much, I'm keeping this recipe! I'll have to find me a bartender to bribe. :p

De

I only drink when DH and I cruise, so I'm interested to try some of these listed. I really like champagne (too much though gives me a headache.)

Are there any specialty drinks prepared with champagne? Also, the mudslide looks good, but I'm no fan of vodka. I might just forgo the vodka in some of these drinks which call for it in addition to other alcohol.

And, I know this sounds crazy..I sometimes like wine, but can't drink ANYTHING (barely water) at room temp. Would the waiter think I was crazy if I ordered a bottle of red wine and ask that it be refrigerated for upcoming nights in the dining room?

Thanks!

Blue Eyed Blonde was the name of the after dinner shot one night and it was so yummy that I've since bought all of the ingredients and make them for our friends. It is White Creme de Cocoa, Blue Caracao and Baileys.

The loving cups are definitely breakable. We have so many of them now that I ordered a shot in a "regular" glass last cruise and they brought it in a wine glass! It was a HUGE shot!

Julie

I never miss the "Loving Cups". The last cruise we were on a couple of months ago our cups were unbreakable. All my others were glass, but these are a type of metal. They look like the older ones other than that.

I only drink when DH and I cruise, so I'm interested to try some of these listed. I really like champagne (too much though gives me a headache.)

Are there any specialty drinks prepared with champagne?

Go to the Champagne Bar (if your ship has one) and they have a champagne menu. I tried the Kir Royale which is Champagne and Cassis (really good) and another time I tried the Bellini which was Champagne and Peach (which was a little too sweet for me). There was at least one other but I didn't try it. Also, every time we ordered champagne at the champagne bar Dennis gave us chocolate covered strawberries. One time we had the strawberries and shrimp wrapped in fried wonton wrappers with a dipping sauce. Yum!

Don't know if you knew of Harris's restaurant on Yost. Mr. Harris served us dinner on Sunday night and was murdered by a cousin's son on Monday morning. A nicer man you could not have met. His restaurant was just around the corner from Foxy's. Mr. Harris made the best Pina Coladas I have ever had.

Oh gosh, what a huge tragedy!

I've only been to Foxy's. The two times I've been there, I was staying on St. John and we took a katamaran over to Jost Van Dyke. It would be the most perfect place on the planet to literally "get away from it all" though!

Will definitely make it back there one day!

Tracy

Has anyone heard of a Mamma Suzio (I don't know if I spelled that right? I Think call it a "dirty monkey". We were in Mexico and a bartender made it for us. I know it has some type of chocolate and bananna in it. Was the best drink I have had and we can not find it anywhere.

If all else fails, go with the Mojito!! Great drink, refreshing, love the mint!!

we have 14 days left. Oh my god, does anyone know of a fast forward button I could use?

BB

We were on the Mariner 2/5 and went into the Champagne Bar the first night. They may call it a Champagne Bar, but Raquel makes the absolute best martinis we've ever had. She's amazing. We made it a practice to have one (or two or three) every night before dinner. We let here decide on which kind to make and had French, peach, chocolate, espresso, banana, butterscotch, bikini, etc. They were all wonderful!

We were on the Mariner 2/5 and went into the Champagne Bar the first night. They may call it a Champagne Bar, but Raquel makes the absolute best martinis we've ever had. She's amazing. We made it a practice to have one (or two or three) every night before dinner. We let here decide on which kind to make and had French, peach, chocolate, espresso, banana, butterscotch, bikini, etc. They were all wonderful!

Hey there, speaking of the bikini martini, weren't you suppose to send me the recipe for that?

Did you book the 4/13/07 cruise yet?

I love a Miami Vice. What drinks are usually offered as drinks of the day on RCI?

Courtesy of Shirmp0 from another thread. These are straight from the Compass from a recent Mariner Eastern cruise.

Day 1: Goombay Smash

Day 2: ?

Day 3: Razzonade

Day 4: Magan's Bay

Day 5: Pineapple Rum Cake

Day 6: Ocean Breeze

Day 7: Mariner's Gold

If you happen to make it up to Paradise Point in St Thomas, you've got to try their famous Bailey's Bushwacker - bailey's,dark rum,vodka,kaluha,amaretto, and creme de cacoa. :eek: Talk about a warm fuzzy feeling!

Archived