Cat BC on Caribbean Princess/Crown Princess

potzie2

We are going to be booking a Cat BC on the Crown Princess, and we are trying to figure out where on the ship we should be looking? Is there a deck that has BCs with a larger balcony similiar to the BB & BAs on Caribe? Or which BCs have the largest balconies? We will be booking 2 side by side cabins for us and another couple, but would like to be able to have all four of us on a balcony at once if we wanted to. Space to stretch out on the balcony would also be nice.

Does anyone know the dimensions for the different balconies just so I can put them in perspective?

To go to a BB or BA would be $75pp more, and I'm not sure that $150 more is worth the larger balcony, I can think of better ways to spend it.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Potzie

Are you a past PAX on Princess? What time of year are you going?

We booked a BE (Guar.) on the second sailing of the CB which was sold out at the time of sailing. They upgraded us to a BB on the Caribe deck with the large balconies. We were two couples and they actually tried to keep us together (side-by-side) but I requested a different cabin as the two they offered were near the front of the ship on the Starboard side. (I prefer the middle to aft on the Port side and asked if there was any availability plus it was my SIL that we were going with)

Ironically we are booked on the CB for this April and have an aft BC on the Riveria on the Starboard side. We have a much larger group this time and wanted to keep all of our cabins together.

If you have a good TA and you are a past PAX with Princess I would book the BC - Guar. and have your TA fight for side-by-side cabins and hope for the upgrade. Or just book the cabins you want in the BC Cat. and then hope for the upgrade and then at least you know you have what you wanted up front. I will let you know about the BC on Riveria after our 4/8/06 sailing.

My experience on Caribbean Princess is that Cat BC balconies are mainly mid-ship area on Aloha Deck and fore and aft areas on Riviera deck. The size of these balconies is approx. 10 ft. wide x 5 ft. deep. They do not accommodate 2 loungers though I have seen a single lounger lengthwise but the other balcony furniture is then cramped. Typically, these balconies come with 2 chairs, small round table and a small coffee table that can be used as foot stool. The chairs do have reclinable back rests.

If you want the larger balcony (10 ft. X 9 ft.) - these are Cat BB and Cat BA and are found on Caribe deck. There are also a few larger balcony Cat BB's aft (back of ship) on Baja/Caribe/Dolphin/Emerald. These are popular and may be hard to get.

Be careful though, as there are also Cat BB balconies on Baja and Riveria decks and additional Cat BA balconies on Lido deck with the regular sized balcony (10 X 5 ft.).

On our first balcony cruise on Golden, I found out just after our Cat BB cabin was assigned on Baja deck that the balconies were larger on Caribe deck. I got our TA to change the cabin to Caribe deck. Once we were on board and looking up at the other balconies, I was very glad to have the extra space of the Caribe balcony.

Now, I just pay for a Cat BB and choose my cabin when booking. I insist on a Caribe balcony or an Aft Cat BB on the back of the ship.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived