Eagle Ray Divers - 2 Thumbs Up

RAC214

My wife and I did a snorkel with Eagle Ray Divers on 2/20. They were wonderful and I highly recommend them. I prearranged for a 6 hr tour before we left on NCL's Dawn on 2/12. Well, we were delayed from leaving because of the Blizzard of 06 and our itinerary was pushed back a day. I contacted Chellie and had no problem changing our day. Then we found out that we were only going to be in Cozumel from 7 to 4 instead of 7 - 7. Our tour was to start at 10:00, so I had to change our plans again. We arrived at her dock at 8:30 after a short cab ride. Her husband Antonio arranged for us to go out early with 4 scuba divers. It was to be a 2 stop snorkel, instead of 3. They provided us with our own guide and we were off.

The 1st stop was great. It was very deep, but had lots to see. We were in the water for approx.1 1/2hrs and never got bored. The scuba divers went in one direction and the 3 of us in another. My wife got a little scared after a incident in Grand Cayman, but our guide stayed with us the whole time.

The 2nd stop was just for us snorkelers and it was great. Tons of fish as our guide brought along some food. Nice coral and lots to see. We were in the water for about 20 minutes.

To our surprise we made a 3rd stop for the divers. The captain asked if we had enough time and we did. So back into the water again. This stop was definetly more for the divers, but we got to see some really LARGE fish.

They brought us back to the dock and had a cab waiting for us to bring us back to the ship. I heard about Eagle Ray via CC and can add my recommendation. They were great.

Thanks Chellie and Antonio.

Archived