Liquor & Mixer Packages

pete102397

Does anyone know the Liquor brand names that Princess offers in it's Liquor packages? It's a great idea, but no specifics are offered.

Would prefer to drink Tanguray or Jack Daniels vs. a "Gin" or a "Bourbon".

Star Princess 3/26/2006

Star Princess 11/2004

Golden Princess 03/2003

Does anyone know the Liquor brand names that Princess offers in it's Liquor packages? It's a great idea, but no specifics are offered.

Would prefer to drink Tanguray or Jack Daniels vs. a "Gin" or a "Bourbon".

I had to call a few weeks ago to inquire about whether or not they had Ketel One available. (They don't.)

Last week, however, I received a Cruise Answer Book from them with the docs for our cruise next week. It specifically states that they have Bombay Sapphire (liter $27) and Beefeater (liter $22). It also says that they have Jack Daniels available (liter $37), Crown Royal (liter $27) and Seagram's 7 Crown (liter $22).

When I ordered the gin and tonic package last year, I recall that it was Seagram's. Quite acceptable to my taste. Can't tell you about the bourbon but you don't get a choice with that type of package deal.

We have never ordered the mixer package. But, we have just called room service for a bottle of Jameson's and it was brought to us pronto!

And, it was only $25!!!

We have always found a price difference from pre-ordering to just calling room service. The price from room service has always been less then if we faxed over our order before we left.

Doesn't make any sense, but it is true! :eek:

You can't just go to any bar and purchase what you want. They have the same list that's in your cabin and only those pre approved brands are what they can sell you by the bottle. I wanted Dewars which was at every bar and in Duty free but they only offered JW black or Chivas.

OnlineMom, you are correct about the choices offered in the Cruise Answer book, unfortunately even though it shows up in the book they are no longer accepting orders for the 1 liter bottles pre-cruise. I've ordered them in the past, as recently as last September, but when I checked the online order form a couple of weeks ago (for my upcoming 21 March cruise) the 1 liter bottles were missing from the form. I called the Princess 1-800 number and tried to order using the Cruise Answer Book order numbers and was told that they no longer accepted advance orders on the 1 liter bottles of liquor. They will accept pre-cruise orders for the mixer packages (which come with the 0.375 liter bottles). They did tell me that the larger bottles can still be ordered from room service once you are on the ship, but alas, you can no longer send yourself a large bottle of liquor to be waiting for you when you arrive.:eek: :mad: :confused:

Why did they do this???? I have no clue.

Why not do what we did and order a pre-cruise delivery from one of the services that provide a Gift delivery to your cabin the day of departure. It can include...beer, wines, flowers or liquor and mixers of your choice.

You just call their 800 number, place your delivery and await the arrival usually during your muster drill. Then you can have drinks in your room or make and take with you to the pool.

We used "Just Because of You" out of Miami which serves numerous ports of call and resorts around the USA. It was great!!! Got exactly what we wanted and paid a saved money!!

If you need the number it is 800-882-9707.

Bon Voyage and have a great one!

Archived