Board Suggestions

tang-bailey

#1 I have some suggestions for the board. First off might be a good idea to have a suggestions area for improvements to the site.

#2: Can you turn on "delete" & "modify" existing posts, not sure why you have this disabled, useful to have...

#1 I have some suggestions for the board. First off might be a good idea to have a suggestions area for improvements to the site.
The closest thing to a suggestions area would be the Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! forum.
#2: Can you turn on "delete" & "modify" existing posts, not sure why you have this disabled, useful to have...
Again, you'd have better luck getting the attention of someone who is up to speed on the board's operation if you'd post your question in the "Need Help..." forum. You can edit a post you've made for a short while (measured in minutes) after you've posted, but after that, you can no longer edit it. And the only way to delete it is to edit it (right after the first posting) to remove the contents. You can, however, request a Host or the Community Manager to delete one of your posts, or, for good reason (such as a temporary lapse of judgement), modify its contents. You do that by e-mailing them (they all have contact info visible).

Personally, I've kinda gotten used to the situation here. It can get really confusing following a long thread on a system where people can go back and edit or delete their earlier posts. You end up with posts discussing things that you can no longer see. And the "no edit, no delete" configuration makes me look twice at something before I hit the "Submit Reply" button!

John

Archived