Internet access on Legend of the Seas?

Hello,

I searched the boards for this particular ship with no luck on my part. I know that the legend has an internet library. How much is it per minute? And also, can you bring your laptop and get internet access in your room for a fee? And if so, what would that fee be? Thank you so much for your help as always.

The computer area has about 16 computers available. The fee is .50 a minute, but you can buy blocks of minutes for a slightly cheaper rate. The hookups are slow, so it was always a minimum of 5 minutes for us to just check an e-mail and/or send a quick note. We did it by the minute, but should have bought the block. I naively thought we wouldn't use that much. My husband thinks he might have seen something about hooking up a laptop in the room for a fee, but he really isn't sure. I asked him because I can't remember at all (it wasn't an issue for us so we weren't really looking). We just got off the ship a few days ago, so this is up to date info.

I did use the computers on board. Because we were platinum status we had some free coupons in our booklet they gave us. Before I left home I set up a "group" of people I wanted to e-mail just a hello message to. I also made sure my Hotmail acct. was active and made sure my friends were in the "group" name. This made it much faster to get things going. If you have to set up an account on-board with one of their options (can't remember what they all were - maybe AOL, Hotmail, etc.), it just takes longer and uses up your minutes.

Just a hint for you!

We did the Panama Canal on the Legend last year.

I sailed Legend in December, and at that time she also had wireless access available at a few hotspots (same fees as if you were using their computers, and you have to set up an "account" on their computer first). Legend does not, to my knowledge, offer the "cyber cabin" in-cabin dialup option.

Internet access was terrible on our Western Caribbean cruise on Legend two weeks ago. They claimed satellite problems, but I think this is just a bad area for communicating. We used local Internet stores in Georgetown, Grand Cayman; Costa Maya; the port area of Belize City; and Cozumel to contact home. Much cheaper and more relaxing.

nisky

Archived