Should we go aft or hump??

While I am waiting for summer 07 schedules to be released, I am contemplating my options. Planning to book a 12 day Med the day that bookings open, probably on Brilliance. We usually book rather last minute, so we have never had great options. We are looking at a D1 or JS, and need room for our DD9.

If you had all options available, what cabin would you go for?

I'd go for corner aft JS 1100 but then I love the aft. We have this cabin on Radiance for our upcoming Alaska cruise and I can't wait. We actually picked the date by when this cabin was available. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

We just chose the aft d1 9260 on the Brilliance for 11 day panama because a lot of posters said it was one of the best places to watch going through the locks. It has a huge balcony and from people are telling me and from pictures we have 2 regular chairs and 2 lounge chairs. And watching the wake is supposed to be wonderful. We had an almost aft balcony on our last cruise, last room before corner and it was great very peaceful and very little traffic. Becareful though what is above you and below

Sue

Seriously, though any opinions?

I see you are travelling with a DD9 - we have one too ;)

So far we have only booked suites (one JS and one GS) we booked an aft JS for our next AOS cruise - we had a GS on the hump for our last cruise. While the hump location is wonderful, we are anxious to see for ourselves what all the fuss is about for aft cabins :D I love the balcony and have heard that the aft balconies are terrific!

I think we should all try something at least once! We wouldn't go less than a JS because we enjoy the added the space for 3 people.

I say try the aft.........what have you got to lose - except some calories from all the walking it takes to get there! :rolleyes: LOL

If you're booking a JS, try for 1100 or 1602, the only 2 JS cabins on the stern of the ship. They have enormous balconies, much larger than any along the sides. We had 1100 on Radiance in Alaska and spent hours out there gazing at the awesome views.

I've never stayed in a hump cabin, but there are several D-1s that also have oversized balconies - 9078 and 9096, I think - I think the deck plans are pretty accurate in that regard. Those are centrally located and so quite convenient. My understanding is that many of the stern D-1's don't have sofa beds in them (you can tell from the deck plans), so only two could book those cabins anyway.

Don't some of the humps also have the larger deck? Also, the D1 afts, do they all sleep 3?

Brillance does not any aft D1's that sleep 3, they are all just for 2. Only the JS's, GS's & FS's aft are available for groups of 3 or more.

Some humps on the Brilliance have larger blaconies on the edge of the humps but only few on each deck will sleep 3 or more. I have a picture of Radiance 8088 which is an E1 that sleeps 4 and has a huge balcony.

Unfortunately your choices are somewhat limited. So your doing the right thing looking now and knowing exactly what your choices are when pricing comes out.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Sue L - just returned from 10 day Panama cruise on Brilliance and had 9256. The wake at night was so peaceful and relaxing. Absolutely loved the corner aft and it was a great place to watch the locks process. With that said, I would encourage you to also go to the front of the ship to also see it from that vantage point. Even more important, go to Deck 5 and watch from the side of the ship - it's amazing!! Hope you enjoy the trip as much as we did!

Sue L - just returned from 10 day Panama cruise on Brilliance and had 9256. The wake at night was so peaceful and relaxing. Absolutely loved the corner aft and it was a great place to watch the locks process. With that said, I would encourage you to also go to the front of the ship to also see it from that vantage point. Even more important, go to Deck 5 and watch from the side of the ship - it's amazing!! Hope you enjoy the trip as much as we did!

9256 is only for 2 people though, she needs a cabin for 3.

Aft: There are only 2 aft JS's 1100 & 1602 (both offer sofabed) no D1's for more then 2 people.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived