upgrading to cabins with price drops

if i've booked cabins on a cruise that later offers price drops in other category, can i upgrade to different cabins and possibly get a better cabin for the same price? is there a charge to change your cabin after final payment?

This is definately something that you can do. I had originally booked an inside N room. Paid $964.00 pp, or about that. Noticed a price drop about a month ago. Now listed at $914.00 pp. I called my TA and got a ship board credit for $100.00. Last week, another price drop, but not for my category. The balcony gty were listed as $949.00 pp. I was able to upgrade and still get $30.00 back.

The short version, for $15.00 pp less than the orignal price I had booked at, I got a great balcony. I got what is called a "Hump" cabin.

Good luck

You can make changes to any booking as long as final payment has not been made.

RCCL does not charge for changes........however, check with the Travel Company you booked through. There are lots of online "cruise.com companies" that will charge for any changes.

Just a note you can change after final payment, I did this last November on the Voyager, booked a promenade cabin, one month before the trip they lowered the price on balconies, changed to a balcony for $200 total. Booked directly through RCI. Hoping to do this again on my trip next month on the Legend, booked an oceanview at a great price, looking to upgrade to a balcony, but so far they have just gone up in price. If it doesn't work out like everyone says book what you are happy with!

When I booked I paid 899.00pp for my E2 balcony (deluxe). Now D1 balconies (superior) are going for 899.00pp and E2's are 849.00. My TA told me I could either have the credit or they would upgrade me. I chose the upgrade and when I checked my RCI reservation it had been changed. I wasn't charged for a thing.

You can make changes to any booking as long as final payment has not been made.

Sorry if I misinformed anyone.........I actually called RCCL before I posted and was told that changes could not be made after final payment. :confused: But as usual I guess it depends on who you talk to.

I'm glad this was brought up and others posted they were able to change. Being a TA, I would not have been a happy camper if this happened to a client and was told changing cabins is not possible. :( I've done many upgrades and changes for clients. Although all changes were made by final payment and even though I contantly watch prices, not one cruise went down before sail date.

:D Because of this board and all the wonderful, helpful people who take the time to post I just got off the phone with our TA and our price has dropped-----1002.00!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: I'm pinching myself. I would have never, ever known to do this.Bless all of you!!!!:D

Hi, I just check the pricing on RCI site every morning before I go to work. Yesterday I saw a huge change, I got right on the phone and called my TA and it was a quick as that. I even thought I would have to change cabins to get a lower price but my cabins stayed the same! The was the best part because I am mid ship with my kids right across from us. Perfect. I felt like the price fairy was very good to me yesterday!

Archived