Carnival Venezia | September 16 - September 23, 2023

Just booked in a balcony cabin, mid-ship, and really looking forward to exploring this ship with its Italian flair.  The videos and pics I've seen so far show a really beautiful ship that I hope will be left fairly intact when the Carnival adds its signature touches.  Hoping also to get to see some wonderful fall colors at the ports.  Will probably spend some time in the Hudson Valley area prior to boarding.

It appears looking at the current iteration of the deck plans, that the specialty restaurants would include the Fahrenheit 555 Steak House and possibly Bonsai Teppanyaki — neither of which are open yet on the website for reservations of course.  But, there are more areas TBD it seems.  The future will tell as we get closer to the ship's maiden TA voyage from Barcelona in late May, 2023.

So, 285 days and counting!

CARNIVAL UNVEILS NEW DETAILS FOR VENEZIA — A lot of new details have been now announced as to how Carnival will fit the FUN into this ship while leaving much of the Italian style in place fortunately.  Many great new concepts are also being added.  And,  yes, as asked in other places, they will be adding mini fridges and standard power outlets with USB plugs to the staterooms.  This is definitely going to be an exciting ship to sail and explore all of the options.  Do watch the video for renderings of the spaces and additional details.

Edited by RoadTravelled
correct statement

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2022 at 8:38 AM, swensoc said:

Wife and I are also booked on this and looking forward to a great time.  We were originally booked on the Carnival Magic and got moved to this ship.   Should be a great time.  

We also got moved from the Magic to this ship - B2B no less. We were downgraded when we received the new cabin assignments and now have to change cabins between weeks. Did you encounter any issues along those lines when you got your new assignment?

I've emailed and called with no results. Thanks for your inout.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We (DH & I) just booked this for our 30th anniversary. From what we can see with the limited pics, this looks like a beautiful ship. Carnival said this was almost sold out, they had less than 20 balconies available. Can't wait to set sail.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I’m Yvonne, a solo traveler on this cruise, first time doing NE/Canada, really looking forward. Haven’t traveled Carnival since the 90’s, couldn’t pass up the great offer to cruise with them again. 
Let’s meet for a drink! See ya in 6 months 🍹

• 3 weeks later...

This will be a cruise for my wifes 50th birthday, so I hope this will be great. Never done Canada.  We typically had done Caribbean, but of course last year we had Hurricanes everywhere and missed every port lol.

11 hours ago, skywalkr2 said:

This will be a cruise for my wifes 50th birthday, so I hope this will be great. Never done Canada.  We typically had done Caribbean, but of course last year we had Hurricanes everywhere and missed every port lol.

We did Canada last year Oct 2022 - it was lovely! We were exactly 1 week behind hurricane Fiona. Had a couple port changes, but it was fine.

Even though prime leaf peeping is supposed to be mid-October, I'm hoping we're gifted with beautiful fall colors. That would be a lovely birthday gift for your wife.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

We did Canada last year Oct 2022 - it was lovely! We were exactly 1 week behind hurricane Fiona. Had a couple port changes, but it was fine.

Even though prime leaf peeping is supposed to be mid-October, I'm hoping we're gifted with beautiful fall colors. That would be a lovely birthday gift for your wife.

Agreed.  No idea what we will be doing, I guess just going with the flow and taking in scenery.

Hi Everyone, I am in a group of three couples going on this cruise. We live in Rochester. The group want to take the train over instead of flying. Any thoughts? Is anyone staying overnight in NYC and if so any recommendations? 

We are very excited to see this new ship. I have seen some UTube videos about the boat including the link you posted RoadTraveled with Christine Duffy. I am hoping to see more updated ones once the boat is in use.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, butterfly55 said:

Hi Everyone, I am in a group of three couples going on this cruise. We live in Rochester. The group want to take the train over instead of flying. Any thoughts? Is anyone staying overnight in NYC and if so any recommendations? 

We are very excited to see this new ship. I have seen some UTube videos about the boat including the link you posted RoadTraveled with Christine Duffy. I am hoping to see more updated ones once the boat is in use.

We are not staying overnight before sailing nor did we last time we left out of NY, so I'm unable to provide hotel info.

I am also looking b forward to pictures and posts once there have been sailings under the Carnival brand.

Hi all! My husband and I will be sailing on this cruise with our 12 year old daughter. We have never sailed out of New York or to Canada. Most of our cruises have been out of Baltimore. Really looking forward to this ship, the pictures were beautiful! We are from PA and will be driving to the terminal the day of the cruise, just need to figure out parking now.

2 hours ago, AFS1970 said:

Hi all, DH to AlranaEris, we both post here.

The Green Eggs and Ham breakfast is open for bookings now. We got ours, this morning, I am a lifelong Dr. Seuss fan.

Is this something that can be enjoyed by adults w/out children?

On 4/23/2023 at 3:35 PM, Haljo1935 said:

Is this something that can be enjoyed by adults w/out children?

I certainly hope so, we don't have kids.

Seriously, we have been to character breakfasts in theme parks as well as on other ships. They can be fun if you are a fan of the characters. It is basically a breakfast with visits and photo ops at each table. Not sure if they will attempt green eggs & ham, which is always an iffy proposition.

We took the plunge and booked for both weeks (we're staying on for the Sept 23 sailing); figured if we didn't enjoy it we could cancel the 2nd week, but if we do, then we won't miss out.

Videos look fun - just looking for something different that we can't do on HAL.

I don't know if anyone wants this information but I thought you might like to know that I just booked an apartment across the river in Weehawken, NY for three nights before the cruise. Some of us have been concerned about staying in NYC from some of the things we have been reading. My daughter stayed in this area when she went to NYC a couple years ago and said she really liked it. If anyone wants any information, please let me know.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 8:34 PM, butterfly55 said:

I don't know if anyone wants this information but I thought you might like to know that I just booked an apartment across the river in Weehawken, NY for three nights before the cruise. Some of us have been concerned about staying in NYC from some of the things we have been reading. My daughter stayed in this area when she went to NYC a couple years ago and said she really liked it. If anyone wants any information, please let me know.

@butterfly55 this is really great information!  We are arriving 3 days prior as well before the cruise and have been searching for places to stay.  We were in NYC in February and stayed a block from Times Square near Bryant Park.  It was a great location, wonderful room with views, and reasonably priced.  We never felt unsafe in the neighborhood although very crowded area of course. 

We tried booking for this upcoming trip and the price is almost 3 times what we paid.  Looking around it seems all of the hotels are that way.  It must be "high season" with the fall leaf tours, conventions, etc.

Anyway, this idea of Weehawken, NJ looks like a great possibility.  Looking at short-term rental apartments, the prices are much more reasonable and the access to Manhattan is very easy it seems.  And, it seems like a great place to explore.

Thanks for the tip!