Carnival Venezia | September 16 - September 23, 2023

34 minutes ago, swensoc said:

is Hurricane Lee going to cause any itinerary changes?  I think the trip leaving today was re-routed.  

Sure seems like it will have to be... almost every track I see has it hitting Nova Scotia... and feels like it will be there about the time we leave?  Or maybe just before?

I have been watching Lee on the news, one track has it hitting Nova Scotia the other has it hitting NYC. However, I suspect any changes to the itinerary will be based on if we are in front of the storm or behind it. So far, I have not seen any models that show a location past Wednesday. 

I am no expert in oceanic navigation, but I wonder what options we have if the storm is coming up from the south. If we avoid Canada for say the Bahamas but the storm is there, do we have an option to move around it?

OK, on a happier note, here are some of the events that have been posted over at [THAT OTHE SITE] I do not know what some of these are and others I have never heard of before.

Saturday September 16 (Departure Day) 2:30 PM

Frizzante Bar - Shot Glass trade / draw. 

Bring a shot glass and we will draw numbers to see which one you come away with.

Saturday September 16 (Departure Day) 3:45 PM

Lido Deck - T-Shirt Meet & Greet & Group Photo

This is primarily for those that bought the T-Shirts (at the other site) made by one of the cruisers but I am sure the more the merrier for the meet & greet part. 

Sunday September 17 12:30 PM

Frizzante Bar - Dead Duck Swap

This is a sort of swap of rubber ducks but there are some sort of complicated rules about stealing ducks and dying ducks. 

Friday September 22 (Time TBA)

Frizzante Bar - State Themed Gift Exchange

This is a white elephant/ grab bag sort of exchange with all gifts being from your home state.

There are also several Slot Pulls organized by different people.

Saturday September 16 @ 10:00PM

Sunday September 17 @ 11:00AM

Sunday September 17 @ 3:00PM

Wednesday September 20 @ 10:00PM

Thursday September 21@ 12:30PM

Friday September 22 @ 3:00 PM

There were also some other events a few of which filled up, like a cabin crawl. However, those are the ones that DW gave me to post. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, skywalkr2 said:

What I saw this morning was 8 - 16 foot waves in NYC on Saturday.  Not sure how the ship returns to port for us to embark?

It will be interesting to follow for sure. We have cruised several times during hurricane season, but this is the first time it might affect our trip. 

34 minutes ago, Cruising with kiddos said:

It will be interesting to follow for sure. We have cruised several times during hurricane season, but this is the first time it might affect our trip. 

I take the blame.  Last year I was at this same time out of Port Canaveral dodging hurricanes.  So I picked this cruise this year to avoid them.

@skywalkr2  Current conditions do seem to suggest a really nice day on Saturday for boarding (assuming the ship has no problem getting back into NYC terminal that morning from Grand Turk due to the storm's impacts).  The forecast right now appears that the storm will be on a track just ahead of our scheduled route.  But, who knows.  Stay tuned.

Make sure, if you haven't already done so, to opt-in to the CCL text messaging alert system.  Text your booking number to 278473 and respond accordingly.  I find that is somewhat faster notice usually than the emails that will follow.  Also, if you follow on [that other site] John Heald's page, he is good about keeping up with changes and letting us know also.

We are headed out tomorrow from DFW to spend a few days enjoying NYC.  So, at least we'll get that far.  😉  Good luck to everyone and hope to see you on board on Saturday sailing out of the beautiful harbor by Lady Liberty!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RoadTravelled said:

...Make sure, if you haven't already done so, to opt-in to the CCL text messaging alert system.  Text your booking number to 278473 and respond accordingly...

Message bounced back - text did not like that number 😢

20230912_170456.jpg

21 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Message bounced back - text did not like that number 😢

20230912_170456.jpg

@Haljo1935  Your booking may not be setup for text alerts.  Call CCL Customer Service at 888-227-6482 and have them add it to your booking.  That will send an automatic message to you to reply back to finalize the setup.  Sorry for the confusion.

• Thanks 1

I was interested to see if there were any open cabins for the cruise and looks like there still is.  I assume perhaps some folks cancelled recently.  Strange there hasn't been anyone commenting on getting any upgrade fairy calls yet.  I would gladly pay a bit more to move to the open cove balcony room.

On 9/13/2023 at 1:03 PM, skywalkr2 said:

I was interested to see if there were any open cabins for the cruise and looks like there still is.  I assume perhaps some folks cancelled recently.  Strange there hasn't been anyone commenting on getting any upgrade fairy calls yet.  I would gladly pay a bit more to move to the open cove balcony room.

I've been checking and no offers. Since the cruise was showing sold out but resend had availability, I would have to assume weather cancellations. You know Carnival would rather recoup any $$ on upgrades than have empty cabins, so why no offers?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, burchsranch said:

any new news from carnival on venzia sailing? looks like we may just follow lee to canada

I've received nothing and my itinerary hasn't changed, so I'm showing up. May not know where I'm going, but so long as AA does their part, I'll be there.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

I've received nothing and my itinerary hasn't changed, so I'm showing up. May not know where I'm going, but so long as AA does their part, I'll be there.

@Haljo1935  We arrived in NYC on- Wednesday and the weather has been just exceptional - sunny and mild temperatures.  Tomorrow for boarding the ship it looks like good weather as well.  As mentioned above, it looks like the storm will be past us by time of sailing and we will be following behind it.  So, fingers crossed, I think we should be fine.  Watch your emails from CCL for any possible updates.  The website and text alerts we've been advised now will be down this weekend for routine scheduled maintenance.

The ship is currently on her way back from Grand Turk and now off the coast of Virginia.  She is still scheduled to arrive in NYC port at 8am tomorrow (about 22 hours from now) - a good sign so far.

image.png.4ad0652e5d0211dbb14af81897243f1f.png

• Thanks 1