Umpteenth Specialty Dining Question

RadioPeri

Hi all, my husband and I recently booked on the Getaway for 1/20. Needless to say, most prime specialty dining reservations are taken. We have five total, between FAS and a package.

We booked four out of the five, La Cucina and Moderno at times we like, and Cagney's and Le Bistro at 8:30, not terrible, but on the later side for us. We have one yet to book.

How difficult is it to change or get reservations once on board? And which fifth would you recommend (or a repeat of something we've booked)? Ocean Blue sounds nice. Any other thoughts??

Thanks in advance!

Very easy to change onboard.  Go to restaurant reservations right after making you show reservations.  I've done this on most cruises I've been on, with up to 9 people and always been able to get the reservations we wanted as long as we were a bit flexible.  

Personally, we'd pick Le Bistro, Ocean Blue and Cagney's; probably doubling up the first two because we know the other options aren't our preference.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

Very easy to change onboard.  Go to restaurant reservations right after making you show reservations.  I've done this on most cruises I've been on, with up to 9 people and always been able to get the reservations we wanted as long as we were a bit flexible.  

Personally, we'd pick Le Bistro, Ocean Blue and Cagney's; probably doubling up the first two because we know the other options aren't our preference.  

Thank you. So, we'll need show reservations too?? Do you know where we do that? (We have only one previous NCL cruise several years ago on the Gem, so things are different now.) 

Thank you for the restaurant recommendations. I like your choices, and I think we'll also try others to figure out which our favorites are! Which entrees do you like the best in the places you mentioned?

1 hour ago, RadioPeri said:

Thank you. So, we'll need show reservations too?? Do you know where we do that? (We have only one previous NCL cruise several years ago on the Gem, so things are different now.) 

Thank you for the restaurant recommendations. I like your choices, and I think we'll also try others to figure out which our favorites are! Which entrees do you like the best in the places you mentioned?

If you want to be sure to get into the big theatre shows on specific days and times, you may want reservations.  But often, they have open seats if you just walk in.  And yes, you can make reservations from your TV and perhaps from the app but if you can't get into your room yet, it's just as easy to go to the box office.

Le Bistro- filet, Dover sole, mushroom soup.  Ocean Blue- ahi and avocado, filet, grouper, risotto, cheesecake, key lime pie. Cagney's- filet, seafood platter, mushrooms, cheesecake.

• Thanks 1