Neptune Suite 7075 on Rotterdam

johnmik1

We were assigned this suite on Rotterdam last month for a 10 night cruise.We noticed an annoying tapping sound coming from over the window and had the concierge call the maintenance team to rectify the situation.They tried some shims on the moldings but they offered no relief They came to the conclusion that the noise was in the structure of this ship and would need to be addressed at the next dry dock. They offered us earplugs but they did no good.I asked if we were the first to complain and was told that we were not.Eventually they moved us to 7085 which had a much larger angled balcony.Everything was fine after that but I want to warn anyone with this cabin that they will probably have issues.

We were on also but port side and the cabin creaked continuously. We know people have tried shimming the panels. The first night it bothered us but we "got used to it" but we've never had a noiser cabin like this. I was curious if Rotterdam has more of an issue than others. 

We also had a suite on the 7th floor (can't recall the number) and it was creaky. We kept thinking it was the balcony chairs hitting against the wall outside, but that wasn't the case. We never found the culprit and just dealt with it. It woke me up quite a few times!