2024 Alaska Land and Sea

SpanishForker

I am new to Princess and cruising in general (2x DCL cruises in 2010 and 2011) and have never been to Alaska. I am trying to figure out the best options for a 25th anniversary trip (July 2024) for my wife and I and potentially adding our kids (24yo, 20yo and 17yo at time of the trip) in for part of it. This probably would be our only trip to Alaska as we like to travel to different places every year so I want to get it "right". Currently I have a RT cruise booked on the NCL Encore in a Spa Balcony for just my wife and I, but am thinking of doing a Princess cruise with land instead.

If it stays just my wife and I, I think I would want to book a cruise tour with some amount of time in the interior of Alaska. Can I book the cruise only and upgrade to the cruise tour at a later date? or should I book the cruise tour now and downgrade to a cruise only if we change plans? What is the most advantageous moneywise?

If we want to bring the kids into play can I book a cruise tour for my wife and I and then just a land tour for my kids? Or should I book the cruise only and then book the land part through Princess Lodges (which is currently not open for booking yet)? Do the cruises and the Princess Lodge tours link up well? So many questions.

Any help, advice, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Princess 2024 cruisetours of Alaska are available for booking now (today is the first day, actually).

The princess website sells the cruise tour as a package. I don't see an option to book land only.  You can book any of the cruise parts of the cruisetour as cruise only (you just have to match ship and departure date).

If you think you want to do a cruisetour I would book that first and downgrade...as those do sell out fast as the lodges have limited space.  I know the lodges have their own website that shows a booking calendar so it is possible (I believe) to book the lodge for your kids BUT they will not be on your transportation between lodges as they would be on their own to get from one to the next.  

I have read a lengthy review on here of a land/cruise tour it was quite helpful....

this is the link for the lodges

https://www.princesslodges.com/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruzrbachoua said:

If you think you want to do a cruisetour I would book that first and downgrade...as those do sell out fast as the lodges have limited space.  I know the lodges have their own website that shows a booking calendar so it is possible (I believe) to book the lodge for your kids BUT they will not be on your transportation between lodges as they would be on their own to get from one to the next.  

I have read a lengthy review on here of a land/cruise tour it was quite helpful....

this is the link for the lodges

https://www.princesslodges.com/

Thank you for the responses.

Do you happen to have the link for that review?