How much time with stingrays

striplea

How much time do they usually give you to actually swim with the stingrays. I know there are different tours that swim with the stingrays and then go on to other parts of grand cayman as well but i'm looking for one that spends a good amount of time with the stingrays. I'm not picky about which tour group it is, just looking for times.

We went on the Buccaneer and I cannot tell you how much time we spent, other than to tell you we each got to hold and kiss a stingray, and a lot of us got stingray massages. We didn't feel rushed at all, and I didn't feel like I wished we had stayed longer.

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the stringray tour in Feb/o6 with Nativeway Watersports and we had about an hour in the water with the stringrays. We were not rushed at all, and they waited until everyone in the group was ready to go. You do not have to stay in the water that long if you do not wish to. Some people spent as little as 3 - 5 mins in the water, and then just sat in the boat the rest of the time waiting for everyone else to finish. You can take as short amount of time as you wish, or as long as you wish with Nativeway.... ( within reason of course!) - But if your looking for a great tour I would give Nativeway a try. They are a wonderful group of people!

We did the Stingray City Swim & Snorkel through RCCL and loved every minute of it. I believe that we were in the water for about an hour, which was more than enough time. Everyone had an opportunity to interact with the rays, snorkel a bit and have more than one picture taken.

Archived